ARRAY(0xb21c4270)

5.0 out of 5 stars Canon D10 Under Water, Dec 24 2010
This review is from: Canon PowerShot D10 12.1 MP Waterproof Digital Camera with 3x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom and 2.5-inch LCD (Blue/Silver) (Camera)
Length:: 0:24 Mins

This is a video inside my Rivulus cylindraceus (killifish) aquarium. Nice clear video; it was difficult manoeuvring but that's not the camera's fault, just the confined space. Camera takes video in .mov format; software it comes with converts it to .avi. Added the music in later in my own Pinnacle Studio program which I use to make DVDs/convert to mpg. Only had the camera a month so far but I am quite impressed. It is a larger camera compared to other waterproofs; I specifically wanted a Canon as I was used to Canon controls on my other digitals. Still images are also great; better "dark" photos than a Canon PowerShot A480; on par with PowerShot A610. Only 3x zoom because of the waterproof enclosure but sufficient. Wrist strap can be attached on any of the 4 corners of the camera. Battery seemed to last quite long. (One review I had read stated the video mode doesn't record sound but, indeed, there is a small mic that captures sound and quite well - I had to lower the sound level in my final rendering because it was too loud and also added the music to muffle the loud aquarium noise.)

Review Details