2.0 out of 5 stars Slightly disappointed, July 15 2004
This review is from: Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl (2-Disc Collector's Edition) (Bilingual) (DVD)
As pirate movies go,I suppose "Pirates of the Caribbean" is a quality movie. I'm certainly no expert on that. However, I am an expert on "Pirates of the Caribbean", the ride at Disney Land. Usually, I will ride it 6-7 times when I'm visiting the park. So, you can understand how I was more than a little excited that my favorite ride was becoming a movie.
Sadly, what I got was little more than a meager bone thrown my way. Director Gore Vidal has taken a stunning experience, and added useless new characters and plot, showing situations that were never in the original ride. What's more, the classic "Pirates of the Caribbean" song is hardly heard at all here. It's heard throughout the ENTIRE ride, Gore.
If you're in the mood for a pirate movie, I guess this is the place to come (although don't overlook the underrated "Pirate Movie" from the early 80s). If you're looking for the ride captured on film, better just save your money and buy a ticket to Disney Land. (or World)

Review Details