4.0 out of 5 stars If you want a real review of this book...., April 2 2006
By A Customer
Ce commentaire est de: Tragedy & Hope: A History of the World in Our Time (Hardcover)
I suggest Skousen's the Naked Capitalist if you want a proper commentary on Tragedy and Hope. Be warned that the labelling of any and all attempts to shed light on the inner workings of the Institution simply by calling it a "conspiracy" is a lazy conclusion, the natural product of barren minds. Worse yet would be to blame the whole book on the religious heritage of the author. There certainly is more to the book that that. You really have to read the book for yourself and decide for yourself if you think Carrol has anything valid to say. But be warned, it will rock your canoe. Many of the skeptical comments that I frequently see on this material stem from an inborn fear (acknowledged or not) that one of the reasons Quigley wrote the book might be true -- which is to say that it's much too late to do anything about it. That may be true, but my personal sentiment is that I'd still like to know anyway, and hence my recommendation is to read the book.

Review Details

Item

4.1 out of 5 stars (8 customer reviews)

Used & New from: CDN$ 52.00