3.0 out of 5 stars Title sounds good, Oct. 19 2008
This review is from: Gods & Generals (Widescreen) (DVD)
This was a must see for me after watching Gettysberg. It was OK. A few of the problems I had with it, is where was Tom Berenger?, maybe he got the script and decided to pass. Even Robert Duvall gave a sad showing. Everytime an actor opened there mouth I felt like I was at church, it was all over the top speeches, common. The battle sequences sucked, I mean all the bayonets were obviously plastic the way they wobbled back and forth. It looked like alot of it was computer animated, and the special effects seemed so outdated and looked, well, cheap. All in all it looked like a bad made for TV movie, the only reason I gave it three stars is, I was a Gettysberg fan, and if you edit this movie yourself by closing your eyes and drifting away everytime jackson opened his mouth, then its ok. The only time I though this movie had me at attention and emotionally connected was when Jackson whips out his sword and yells "you are the first brigade". Id rather sit down and watch North and South from beginning to end, its to bad, I liked Gettysberg and had Higher hopes for this.

Review Details

Item

3.2 out of 5 stars (466 customer reviews)

CDN$ 9.93