Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage SmartSaver Kitchen Kindle Music Deals Store SGG Tools

5.0 out of 5 stars A renewed Case for Mars!, Dec 29 2003
This review is from: Mars On Earth (Hardcover)
I was hoping that Bob Zubrin would bring up to date his compelling book, The Case for Mars, and here it is! While centering on the drama and learnings of the historic Mars simulation projects, Zubrin also recaps in a frank and insightful way the rise of interest in "humans to Mars," the subsequent Mars Direct plan, and the interpersonal costs of this quest. I found the sim diaries intriguing, not tedious, as they brought to life the crew experience of Mars on Earth. I also appreciated Zubrin's personal summary of learnings from the projects to date -- ESA and NASA take note! I forgive Bob for his relentless optimism -- he has kept the vision alive and kicking in a most tangible way. This book appears at a crucial opportunity to rethink and recast the direction of human spaceflight. Let's get our act together, folks. Let's insist on humans to Mars in the near term. Do your part -- get informed, get excited, get active. As Bob says, "Join us."

Review Details

4.7 out of 5 stars (9 customer reviews)

CDN$ 3.56