5.0 out of 5 stars Anthony Brings Linehan Back Into Our Homes, Jan. 19 2008
This review is from: Starring Brian Linehan (Hardcover)
Having always been a huge Linehan enthusiast, I was excited to purchase this book and find out who Brian really was. I was very pleased to find that my personal observations of him were on the mark, as was my expectation of who he was off-screen....brilliant, funny, arrogant, annoying, fragile and complicated.

Reading these pages, I laughed, got mad, rolled my eyes...and cried. From the first page, I was drawn into Brian's life and experienced him through his friends' eyes. He wasn't perfect, but he was stellar. I don't think there is an interviewer in history as talented and thorough as Brian Linehan and I think he is still very much under appreciated. The vapid actor community of today would be no match for his razor sharp wit and in-depth knowledge. I wonder what Brian would have made of the 'big stars' of today, when comparing them to the truly brilliant thespians of yester-year.

The final quarter of the book, however, was what brought it all home to me. This book is about Brian Linehan, shown through the love and support he inspired in his friends. Brian wanted to be noted, talked about, recognized, lauded... He was, and is. Whether he realized it or not, and whether any of his detractors choose to admit it, he is the best there was, the best there is, and quite possibly the best there ever will be.

Thank you, George Anthony, for writing The Book.

Review Details

Item

4.8 out of 5 stars (4 customer reviews)

Used & New from: CDN$ 3.81