3.0 out of 5 stars Barely Enough, Feb. 29 2004
This review is from: Lawless (Mass Market Paperback)
If you want a cute western story about a woman making dresses and a guy being the typical jerk, read Lawless. If you want a steamy western novel with passion, many strong points and accuracy to the time period, read The Touch of Fire by Linda Howard.
What I found most disturbing about Nora Roberts' Lawless is it doesn't seem like she researched this time period much at all. Aside from the lack of research, her grammar is painful enough to where I want to get a red pen, circle the mistakes, and send the book back to her. I found it very hard to read with the abundance of punctuation errors; I could barely focus enough to read through.
Up until chapter 10 or 11 (of 15), I was bored to tears. The story was there but it seemed all too dull. I kept asking myself why I would read a book that I couldn't keep focus with, but I finished regardless.
The book ended well enough to makeup for the lack of everything else. The last few chapters should have been the book itself, while the chapters earlier in the book were meaningless drivel. If this is how Nora Roberts writes the rest of her books, you can bet this will be my first & last novel of hers.
Lucky to get 3 stars from me.

Review Details

Item

2.8 out of 5 stars (5 customer reviews)

Used & New from: CDN$ 0.01