5.0 out of 5 stars A very good book for a fantastic system., Dec 10 2003
This review is from: The GREGG Shorthand Manual Simplified (Hardcover)
When I was in my World History class last year, I could hardly keep up with the teacher spoon-feeding notes. I would scribble and scribble, but I would still be a note behind. Over the summer, I learned about shorthand. I purchased this book and learned the system. Now, I am able to write down mostly everything that this year's history teacher says. Unlike what one reviewer said, the book does teach the location of Gregg letters on a line. For instance, it says that a "b" should vertically cover the entire line, and "p" approximately half the line. By looking at the tables like that on paragraph 217, on page 105, it clearly shows where the strokes should be on the line and what words should look like.
At first, I thought that I could learn it by just looking at the rules and writing, but I found that after reading every page of reading and writing practice, I could read and write shorthand much more efficiently. With a decent amount of studying and practice, I eventually got a very nice speed. Also, since no one in the entire school has even heard of shorthand, it is very handy for note privacy.
Its printing is very good, and I am quite proud to have it in my library.

Review Details

Item

3.6 out of 5 stars (14 customer reviews)

CDN$ 24.95 CDN$ 15.64