5.0 out of 5 stars Life-changing, Oct. 1 2001
This review is from: Think On These Things (Paperback)
I first encountered this book as a confused seventeen-year old, and it changed my life. At the time, I had read a lot of self-help books, books on philosophy, psychology, theosophy, theology etc., but within two paragraphs of this book, I had the greatest epiphany of my life - simply that it was possible to understand life. That's all I needed to know. Up until then, I had tended to accept that the pursuit of self-interest was as valid a philosophy of life as any. With this other possibility now opened to me, I saw at a glance the life of passion and glory which is the lot of those who love truth for its own sake, and allow themselves to be taken where truth leads them.
I'm 42 now, and feel I haven't aged a day since then, inwardly. Goodness knows how my life would have turned out without the insights and understandings come to me through Krishnamurti to keep me grounded.
I suggest - pick up something by Krishnamurti, and read a few paragraphs, a chapter. If nothing happens, don't spend time analysing what he has to say, - just close the book, put it in a drawer and forget you own it. Just go about your life - it's for the best.
They say that even a chimpanzee is quite content with his life if his circumstances are favourable, and wastes no time in regretful comparisons.
Best wishes.

Review Details

Item

4.8 out of 5 stars (25 customer reviews)

CDN$ 18.50 CDN$ 13.36