3.0 out of 5 stars hmmm...... the publishing industry strikes...., April 6 2011
This review is from: Doing Right: A Practical Guide to Ethics for Medical Trainees and Physicians (Paperback)
While this book is relatively well written it is only A PRIMER. It is by no means as comprehensive as I expected - and certainly provides no more than a very elementary understanding of medical ethics. While this is a good review for the mccqe1 - I found very little in here that was not also covered in the Toronto Notes. This did expand a little more by using more cases etc. to illustrate by example. So I would give this 4 stars.

but then I have to consider value. This book costs 56 dollars. for a 256 page paperback. What the heck?! Whoever is publishing this (oxford) is using an absolutely ridiculous marketing strategy. If this book were even half the price (still not a great value) I'm sure at least twice as many people would buy it. But to pay 56 dollars for this book is not just robbery - its almost embarassing to admit I paid that much for a book that took me about 4 hours to read. I'm sure this book cost about 8 bucks for oxford to print and ship (if even that).

Review Details

Item

4.7 out of 5 stars (18 customer reviews)

Used & New from: CDN$ 93.93