5.0 out of 5 stars Bond 50 with 50 years of movie posters book, Oct. 17 2012
This review is from: Bond 50: The Complete 22 Film Collection (with Limited Edition Hardcover Book) [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
Context:
I had started to buy the previous collection of Bond films in blu-ray when they were originally released and was frustrated that the order of movies were not chronological and that the packaging, while I liked the leathery booklet feel of the volumes, was rather poor. Then when it stopped at volume 3. I was slightly disappointed that I could not complete the collection up to present day (or at least up to the last Pierce movie). When I saw that the Bond 50 was announced, I was happy to find out that most movies (all the canon one I guess) were part of this collection. I quickly sold my previous collection to people who were interested in acquiring these classics. And I pre-ordered this version of the collection. I like movie posters.

The packaging:
Great, I love it. Inside the box, you have two books and they split the movies from a certain date to another. Each book has a little picture of the "Bond girl" for that specific movie right next to the disc as well as some pictures on the page next to it. In the last book, they leave some room for Skyfall. The books are nice and heavy as well as glossy. I rather enjoy the look of it. Although it won't fit in a conventional DVD case. You'll have to display it proudly somewhere else. Or find a bookshelf with enough room.

The movies:
The classic movies have a nice sharp image, I believe it's the same remastered movie from the previous collection (the one that had 3 volumes in it). The audio for the old movies isn't very good but I imagine that must be a limitation from the source material. You'll often have loud sound effects while the voice track isn't as audible. I am basing this observation mostly on Dr.No.

The book:
It's a small book, it does have quite a few pages but I would have loved to have more full pages for posters. I would have also enjoyed to have larger pages. But all in all, it's a nice book and you get to see the poster style evolve through the ages.

Review Details