4.0 out of 5 stars You are not effectively communicating if you have not read this book!, Dec 3 2011
This review is from: Crucial Conversations Tools for Talking When Stakes Are High, Second Edition (Paperback)
Thanks for another great read from the 'crucial' family. I was a bit worried the second edition would be a repeat of the first but it is not; it is even better! You can see a refreshing confidence in the way it was written, it is no longer pitched as something that may work, it does work, and the writing style says 'get with the program'. With the theories supported with a few more years of data, the concepts though still 'hoakey' - start with heart, how many CEOs would say or admit they do that? -- are matured and the writing even more convincing. I suppose 8+ years of reengaging my brain when things get crucial either makes me a success story or a biased reviewer, or both! I truely feel sad for those who don't comunicate well and particularly those who don't know it!

I have given a couple dozen of my colleagues and bosses copies of "Influencer" and "Crucuial Confrontations" over the years; now with the polish of the second edition I will gladly also share the foundational book that started it all!

Review Details

Item

4.4 out of 5 stars (67 customer reviews)

CDN$ 21.95 CDN$ 15.85