ARRAY(0xb43a4198)

2.0 out of 5 stars Final Chapter...long and sadly boring..., Dec 6 2012
This review is from: The Dark Knight Rises / L'Ascension du Chevalier Noir (Bilingual) (DVD)
After watching the final chapter of a great trilogy, I am more than happy to have not wasted money in theater to go watch it...

I am by far disappointed in the movie of its length and lack of action, until it finally comes to the end where most of it was.

I was skeptical when I first heard the mention of a catwoman and even more so when the actor who was chosen for it. Sure catwoman was there, barely mentioned and visible once you are done with the movie.

I tried my best not to critic becasue many people told me it was as good as the previous movie but in the end, I feel that this movie was advertized as a masterpiece but fell very short of what it truly was. Bane, was a good character however I had to add the subtitles in order to fully understand what he was saying throughout the entire movie which I found quite unpleasant.

As for the batman himself, you barely see him for 30 minutes through the entire 3 hour long movie, first half mopping 8 years after the death of his childhood love Rachel, then suddenly he gets all better physically and all.

I know this is fiction, but for me it felt like a hole here and a hole there, and too many holes made me not like this movie.

For anyone who know sthe comic books, certain things you could have seen a mile away, for the child of Ras Gul, it was predictable but otherwise surprising for those who didn't know the true story.

Overall, I won't buy the movie unless its in a bargain bin at 5$ only to complete my trilogy. This was a long and sadly boring movie that could have had potentiel but issed its target big time.

Review Details

Item

4.2 out of 5 stars (76 customer reviews)

CDN$ 31.98 CDN$ 9.99