1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible Service, Oct. 30 2010
This review is from: Sketching (12th printing): Drawing Techniques for Product Designers (Hardcover)
I had ordered my copy of the book for a course about 2 months ago and I had just received it today. Then, I when I came to write this review, I notice that the book is now 22$ cheaper then what I paid for it even though I had just gotten it?? This makes no sense to me. The rough shipping estimate that was given to me in the beginning is that it will ship within a week of the order...when was that extended to almost 2 months?

On the book itself, it is a fantastic book for product design students. There are many examples to look at and many techniques that we can learn. However, my only complaint is that the examples are scattered all over the book and are in no particular order. That makes going through the book fairly difficult when you are actually trying to progressively learn sketching, rendering and marker techniques. I also noticed that there are no step-by-step instructions at all. I realize these can be fairly dry, though on some topics they are very useful.

Other than the terrible service amazon provided, I'm very pleased with the book and would definitely consider buying another one of Koos Eissen's books again, if only for the amazing quality of work included in the pages of the book.

Review Details

Item

3.9 out of 5 stars (7 customer reviews)

CDN$ 59.00 CDN$ 37.17