2.0 out of 5 stars To good to be true, Dec 24 2008
This review is from: Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking (Hardcover)
I've entered bread baking world year ago. I've searched internet to find the best book for money. And I found it (however, it is not this book). Then I had help from relative who had been home baker for 20 years. Her help was also invaluable. Then I come upon this book and decided to try it.

First, I have to mention that I'm Peter Reinhart's follower. I like his breads, their taste, crumbs and crust. They remind me of childhood and how home baked fresh bread with ripen tomato and feta cheese, can be the lifelong memory. On other side, to make such bread following Peter's recipe takes minimum two days and plenty of space. That is why I purchased and tried ...five minutes... And I was disappointed by result. I've tried few different type of breads and they all tasted the same. They are too salty and crust is very tick and hard. And five 'minutes a day...' well, that is very stretched five minutes. In order to make exceptional bread you'll definitely need more than five minutes.

Don't get me wrong, breads from 'five minutes' were better than my Zojirushi bread machine can make. However, when I long for excellent bread, I'm back using Peter's book (Crust and Crumb). When I'm in hurry, I'm using Zojirushi bread maker when and that really requires five minutes.

Review Details

Item

4.6 out of 5 stars (39 customer reviews)

CDN$ 35.99 CDN$ 22.56