ARRAY(0xaefaff90)

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent, but misses some key songs, Jan. 2 2013
This review is from: Les Miserables (Audio CD)
I have to agree with some of the previous reviewers that I was a bit disappointed by this album. I LOVED the movie, but the soundtrack is missing some great songs (e.g., Do You Hear The People Sing, A Little Fall of Rain, the version of Look Down that takes place on the Paris streets). It felt like they had omitted some of the main ensemble songs in favour of the stars' solo pieces, but those pieces provide so much of the context of the story. I was also disappointed that Daniel Huttlestone did such a great job as Gavroche, but barely appears on the soundtrack because the Paris version of Look Down was omitted from the album and Little People was not done in full in the movie.

In the full-length film, the acting-while-singing worked really well for the film and was quite moving, but when I'm listening to the music on my own, I found the background sounds, breathing, sobbing, etc., rather distracting. Bottom line to me is if you love the music, it's better to buy the London cast recording or 25th anniversary concert rather than this soundtrack.

Review Details

Item

3.6 out of 5 stars (14 customer reviews)

Reviewer