2.0 out of 5 stars Very Disappointing, I'm afraid, Dec 24 2009
This review is from: The Adventures of Superman: The Complete Third and Fourth Seasons (DVD)
I have the first and second season of "The Adventures of Superman" and even though they were in black and white, I really enjoyed them. Oh, sure, they were a bit corny, it was the fifties after all, and some episodes were better than others, but overall, I liked them a lot. I was excited to get season 3/4 because they were in color. What a disappointment! The quality of the stories went right downhill, drastically! Maybe they were a bit corny before but season 3/4 were downright ridiculous. They replaced the action and adventure with a sad attempt at comedy. An attempt that failed. I'm sorry I ever bought it. I was proud of my Superman DVD's and I considered myself fortunate to have them until I got season 3/4. Now I'm embarrased to even admit I have them. I bought season 3/4 from Amazon marketplace for $12.00. Do yourself a favour and resist the temptation to pick up the color episodes for a cheap price. It's not worth it. Stick with the black and white season one and two. They're great.

Review Details

Item

3.3 out of 5 stars (3 customer reviews)

CDN$ 33.74 CDN$ 12.49