ARRAY(0xb3ed02dc)

5.0 out of 5 stars When the damsel in distress becomes the hero..., Feb. 2 2011
This review is from: Entice (Paperback)
Originally posted on my blog here: [...]

I always love it when the damsel in distress becomes the hero. Zara - who has shown her inner strength, but has ultimately needed to be protected in the past - is now one of the protectors. She can now fight along with her allies and go out in search of her lost wolf.

Zara and Astley's relationship gets explored more in this book. I was solidly team Nick for the first two books, but I grew to love Astley in Entice. The humble but strong pixie king was patient and kind. We find out more about his past and his family and the heartbreaks that he has survived to get where he is. I kept wanting to know more about him until I found myself totally conflicted over who Zara should end up with.

The war brewing in the shadows of Bedford is intensified and Entice sets up what is sure to be an epic battle in the next book. There were tragic losses and intense victories keeping me on the edge of my seat.

I was thrilled with this chapter in Zara's story and I can't wait to read the forth and final book! I'll leave you with one of my favourite quotes:

"My name is Zara White and I'm almost seventeen years old. I'm a pixie, and my boyfriend was killed by a pixie king with the ludicrous name of Frank."

Review Details

Item

3.8 out of 5 stars (9 customer reviews)

Used & New from: CDN$ 0.01