3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I was looking for, Feb. 19 2011
This review is from: Guided Mindfulness Meditation: A Complete Guided Mindfulness Meditation Program from Jon Kabat-Zinn (Audio CD)
It would be great if one could hear a sample of the CD or if the contents were described in more detail.
To be fair, I just listened 2 of the 4 CDs - the body scan and the sitting meditation. I was looking for something else when I bought this collection, that is the reason for the 3 stars. The body scan meditation CD guides you through each part of the body. It is NOT based on muscle relaxation (press and release of muscles with breathing); you are supposed to bring your mind to an specific part of the body and observe and be aware of it. It is a way of focusing your mind.
My problem is that I have not been away to stay awake for more than 10 minutes (the CD is 45 minutes long). I did not buy it to fall asleep but to deal with anxiety, so that CD did not work for me. The sitting meditation has long pauses and silence, I was also looking for a more guided meditation CD.