3.0 out of 5 stars Weedzzzzz..., March 5 2012
This review is from: Weeds: The Complete Seventh Season (DVD)
**SPOILER ALERT**

I've stuck with "Weeds" through good and bad and defended it even when my opinion was contrary (Season 6 was one of my faves) to others; but this is definitely the bottom of the barrel for the once-mighty Showtime series. It's a bad sign when an episode ends and I simply turn off the DVD and don't really care what happens next. Previous seasons had me compulsively watching 3-4 episodes in a row because the plots were so addictive and interesting. Not here, folks. Season 7 offers no excitement, even though we have a flash-forward 3 years and Nancy is now living in a halfway house in New York after her prison stint.

The writers try and give us some bizarre visuals to spice up the proceedings (A group of mimes at a funeral; Silus walking around in a giant transparent beach ball in his underwear at some avante-garde gathering) but everything falls flat.

The finale doesn't get interesting until the last few minutes and I figure there's two ways they can go for Season 8. I don't know if Mary Louise Parker is returning or not; if she is--they will probably make Season 8 a prequel to the final scene of S7.

Diehards like me will want to own this for their collection; everyone else should just rent it. A once-great show is sadly past its prime. Three Stars.

Review Details

Item

4.4 out of 5 stars (11 customer reviews)

CDN$ 22.99 CDN$ 11.98