4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Exam Reference, July 7 2004
This review is from: MySQL Certification Study Guide (Paperback)
In the run up to my 'Core' MySQL exam I believed I could survive on exisitng material (the online mannual and other books). However I purchased this book thinking it would be a good decision and was glad I did.
Firstly, there are many options and arguments for commands/utilities and the book points you in the right direction for exam relevancy, e.g For utility X, options, Y and Z are important.
Secondly, the exam questions at the end of each chapter are excellent. They are a genuine test and challenge of your Mysql knowledge.
(...). It has also pointed out that perhaps the exam questions in the book should be multiple-choice, however as per the 'candidate guide', exam questions may appear as text box's for you to enter commands.
Overall, this book which was an essential purchase for me and without it I would not have passed the challenging exam.
N.B The book is split in two parts, the 'Core' certification and the 'Proffesional' certification. I took the 'Core' exam which is the first half of the book. I have not yet read the second part.

Review Details

Item

3.2 out of 5 stars (4 customer reviews)

Used & New from: CDN$ 0.01