3.0 out of 5 stars WHY????, Oct. 14 2003
This review is from: Who Live at the Isle of (VHS Tape)
I love The Who. They were the greatest live band ever !! For years I was expecting for a video of this band from their golden-era 1969-1976. When I got The Who at The Isle Of Wight on CD, I loved it !!! it was awesome. A great performance of TOMMY live too. I could read in the booklet that it was the soundtracks for the movie "The Who at The Isle Of Wight 1970". As we were getting excerpt from different shows like "Tanglewood 1970", "Holland 1972", "Charlton 1974", etc. on video. So when finally the movie "The Who at the Isle Of Wight" was released, I was so extcited to get it. Unfortunally this video didn't fulfill my expectations. Why? well, the first half of the video is the worth it part. Pure WHO music at their best. The second part is dissapointing. Why the heck did the director of the movie edit so badly the performance of TOMMY???? Left out "Amazing Journey" and included all the wee songs like "Do you think it's alright", "There's a Doctor" & "Miracle Cure". Other great moments in Tommy like the song "Go To The Mirror" is edited too as well as "Eyesight To The Blind", which are shorter. I honestly don't get it at all.
In the movie "Isle Of Wight Festival 1970", which includes all the artists that performed there, The Who are playing "Naked Eye" which it NOT in the movie of "The Who at The Isle Of Wight".
I'm a big fan of the Who and I longed for a video concert of this powerful band live at their peak. Unfortunally, half of this video gets my nevers on the way it was edited and songs that were left out.
So the two stars I'm taking away from it, it has nothing to do with THE WHO performance or quality in music, but 'cos of director of this project.

Review Details

Item

3.8 out of 5 stars (35 customer reviews)

Used & New from: CDN$ 29.99