- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
1,001 Heart Healthy Recipes: Quick, Delicious Recipes High in Fiber and Low in Sodium and Cholesterol That Keep You Committed to Your Healthy Lifestyle Paperback – Nov 1 2012
|New from||Used from|
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Dick Logue is the author of several cookbooks and founder of the website http://www.lowsodiumcooking.com. After being diagnosed with congestive heart failure more than 10 years ago, Dick threw himself into the process of creating healthy versions of his favorite recipes. A cook since the age of 12, he grows his own vegetables, bakes his own bread, and cans a variety of foods. He is the author of 500 Low Sodium Recipes, 500 Low-Cholesterol Recipes, 500 High Fiber Recipes, 500 Low Glycemic Index Recipes, 500 Heart-Healthy Slow Cooker Recipes, 500 400-Calorie Recipes, and 500 15-Minute Low Sodium Recipes, among others. He lives in La Plata, MD.
Excerpt. © Reprinted by permission. All rights reserved.
Here’s a use for the leftover cranberry sauce that always seems to be the last thing left from Thanksgiving. You can use either the jellied or whole berry sauce.
11/2 tablespoons (22 g) honey mustard
2/3 cup (185 g) cranberry sauce
1/4 cup (60 ml) rice wine vinegar
1/4 cup (60 ml) olive oil
In a food processor mix together the mustard, cranberry sauce, and the rice wine vinegar. With the machine running, slowly pour in the oil until the dressing is thickened. Store, covered, in the refrigerator.
Yield: 12 Servings
Per serving: 65 calories (62% from fat, 1% from protein, 37% from carbohydrate); 0 g protein; 5 g total fat; 1 g saturated fat; 3 g monounsaturated fat; 1 g polyunsaturated fat; 6 g carbohydrate; 0 g fiber; 6 g sugar; 3 mg phosphorus; 2 mg calcium; 0 mg iron; 26 mg sodium; 10 mg potassium; 8 IU vitamin A; 0 mg ATE vitamin E; 0 mg vitamin C; 0 mg cholesterol; 16 g water
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Cookbooks, Food & Wine > Special Diet > Healthy
- Books > Cookbooks, Food & Wine > Special Diet > Low Cholesterol
- Books > Cookbooks, Food & Wine > Special Diet > Low Fat
- Books > Cookbooks, Food & Wine > Special Diet > Low Salt
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Diets & Weight Loss > Diets > Low Carb
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Diets & Weight Loss > Heart Disease
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Diets & Weight Loss > Special Conditions > Low Carbohydrate
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Diets & Weight Loss > Special Conditions > Low Salt
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Diets & Weight Loss > Special Conditions > Low-Fat Diet
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Nutrition > Healthy Cooking