101 Top Historical Sites of Cuba Paperback – Sep 30 2004
Back to University 2016
Save on College Prep Essentials on Amazon.ca. Shop now
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Even the most dedicated Cubaphile will discover new information in Alan Twigg's collection of seldom-seen attractions such as Fidel Castro's birthplace, the Celia Sanchez Museum, and the modernist statue atop the oldest open-pit mine in the Americas, erected in memory of runaway slaves.
This handy illustrated compendium covers everything from the Cross of Columbus and the Bacardi Rum Factory to Havana's Morro Castle and Ernest Hemingway's Finca La Vigia. As well, there are dozens of well-known sites including the seven-metre bronze statue of Che Guevara in Santa Clara, the Virgin of Copper Basilica at El Cobre, the Museum of the Revolution and the Tropicana Nightclub in Havana, and the Playa Giron Museum on the Bay of Pigs.
About the Author
Alan Twigg has written nine previous books, including Cuba: A Concise History for Travellers. His articles have appeared in the Globe and Mail, Maclean's, the Toronto Star, The Georgia Straight, the Vancouver Sun, and many other publications. He lives in Vancouver, British Columbia.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Education & Reference > Trivia & Fun Facts > Trivia
- Books > Education & Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Writing > Travel
- Books > History > Americas > Caribbean & West Indies > Cuba
- Books > Travel > Caribbean > Cuba
- Books > Travel > Latin America > Central America
- Books > Travel > Reference & Tips > Essays & Travelogues
- Books > Travel > Reference & Tips > Guidebooks
- Books > Travel > Reference & Tips > Travel Writing