167 Tax Tips for Canadian Small Business: Beat the Taxman to Keep More Money in Your Business Paperback – Dec 11 2009
|New from||Used from|
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
"...a book for every Canadian in a small or home-based business who is struggling with complex tax rules and regulations."
—Dale Ennis, Canadian MoneySaver
"...easy-going style and avoidance of the more mind-numbing details make for a solid primer on the perks and pitfalls of self-employment. The...one-sentence tips in the appendix are probably worth the price of admission alone."
—Gordon Powers, The Globe and Mail
"...one of the better books I've seen on the market for small-business owners and better yet, it's all Canadian content."
—Linda A. Fox, The Toronto Sun
As a small-business owner or a home-based entrepreneur, you have lots of questions about taxes, but very few answers. Fortunately for you, 167 Tax Tips for Canadian Small Business contains a wealth of tax planning advice and strategies to help you save on your business tax bill. So whether you want to do it yourself or reduce what you pay your accountant - not to mention the government - this is how you'll keep more money in your pocket, where it belongs.
- Packed with tax tips that will save you hundreds, or even thousands, of dollars year-round.
- Written in a question-and-answer format that's easy to understand, practical, and easy to apply.
- Features 167 "Tax Beaters" - quick-reference tips that highlight key points - plus three bonus tips to help you save even more!
- Explains how to save taxes in every aspect and at every stage of your business.
- Features a Year-Round Tax-Planning Calendar.
- Coverage includes: business start-up, corporate tax planning, GST/HST, deductibility of home and automobile expenses, what to do if you are audited by the Canada Revenue Agency, CPP and QPP deductions for self-employed entrepreneurs, and much more.
The ultimate "tax coach" for every Canadian in a small or home-based business, this book will help you to beat the taxman at his own game!
About the Author
Stephen Thompson, CA, CFP, TEP,is a Partner with the accounting firm of Wilkinson & Company, LLP. He specializes in taxation of small and home-based businesses and has delivered many seminars to clients and public groups.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
The book is a fairly complete beginners guide which helped me a lot to find answers to get started quick. Don't expect to find the complete tax law or answers to all legal questions you might have but it will help you to feel comfortable to make some initial decisions about how to get started right.