- ASIN: B06Y6HDT4M
- Date first available at Amazon.ca: April 11 2017
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
20 FABERS MAPLE SEEDS - Acer fabri
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- This maple is unlike maples familiar to most people as it does not have the typical three or five-lobed leaves.
- Instead, leaves of Faber’s maple are un-lobed, slender and very glossy.
- In addition, most people know maple as a deciduous tree, dropping its leaves in fall, whereas Faber’s maple is evergreen.
- This grows as a small, broad tree up to a height of about 30 feet.
- Leaves on new growth are tinted red, and the familiar samaras (“helicopter” fruits), appearing in September, are also red.
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
New growth on some trees has more red coloration than on others, suggesting the possibility of selecting forms with more red coloration. Leaves reportedly senesce and fall when winter temperatures drop to the low 20's or high teens (°F). Accordingly, Faber’s maple is likely to be evergreen in most of Florida and semi-evergreen after cold winters or when grown in the cooler areas of its hardiness range . It is native to mixed forests of Vietnam and central and southern China, where it is known as “luo fu feng”. This slow-growing tree fares best in partial sun and well-drained soil. No serious pests are known at this time. Hardiness is not confirmed but it is believed to be adapted to USDA Cold Hardiness Zones 7b - 9.
No customer reviews
|5 star (0%)|
|4 star (0%)|
|3 star (0%)|
|2 star (0%)|
|1 star (0%)|
Review this product