- ASIN: B06Y5XKSMB
- Date first available at Amazon.ca: April 10 2017
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
30 RUSSIAN ROCK BIRCH SEEDS - betula ermanii
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- An extremely hardy birch, it makes a striking specimen, garden tree.
- Three of these birch can be planted close together in the same hole to create a three trunked, multi-stemmed tree .
- This is a medium-sized tree, sometimes multi-stemmed, with peeling pink - cream bark on the trunk, papery brown bark on the branches and coarsely toothed, ovate leaves that turn a golden yellow in autumn.
- It comes into leaf very early in the year often before most other birches.
- It is a native of North Eastern Asia, including Eastern Russia, Manchuria, Sakhalin and Northern Japan (Hokkaido).
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
It will also colonize thin and poor soils in its natural habitat, hence the ' Russian Rock Birch ' and is also called ‘Gold Birch’ because of its yellow-white and pink-white peeling off bark in thin strips and the splendid yellow autumnal color . Position: Full sun or partial shade. Height: In good conditions it will grow to 65 feet - 20m Spread: 35 feet - 10 m Medicinal use : Vulnerary. The bark is used to bandage wounds. Other uses : The tree colonizes poor soils and cleared woodlands in the wild. This makes it suitable for use as a pioneer species for re-establishing woodlands. It is a quite short-lived species, but grows fairly quickly and creates suitable conditions for more permanent trees to become established. Because its seedlings do not grow well in shady conditions, the birch is eventually out-competed by the other woodland trees.
No customer reviews
|5 star (0%)|
|4 star (0%)|
|3 star (0%)|
|2 star (0%)|
|1 star (0%)|
Review this product