- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
365 Zen: Daily Readings Paperback – Apr 7 1999
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
The story of the 80-year-old Catholic priest who sheds tears his first time meditating; the parable of potatoes that are best cleaned by being rubbed against each other; the koan about the sound of one hand--in 365 Zen, Jean Smith mines the now vast body of English language Zen literature, plucking out gems for appreciative handling. Laid out for daily contemplation, each passage is less than a page in length, and although short enough to be read in just a few moments, they have enough gleaming facets to keep you turning them over all day. Seasoned students and avid readers of Zen will find much of the material familiar--Thich Nhat Hanh, Shunryu Suzuki, Charlotte Joko Beck--but having it sorted and refined into daily doses makes for convenient practice. And whether you are a novice or an expert, you will be sure to find enough treasures to keep your mind unbusy every day of the year. --Brian Bruya
About the Author
Jean Smith is the editor of Everyday Mind, Breath Sweeps Mind, and Radiant Mind, all of which were created under the auspices of Tricycle, North America's premier Buddhist magazine.
Top Customer Reviews
Most recent customer reviews
Very thoughtful collection of quotes and stories. Kept on my desk, the book is opened when a reflective break is needed from the stress of daily life. Read morePublished on Nov. 12 2000
I would recommend this book for Zen beginners. The content is taken from a wide variety of classic Zen authors. Read morePublished on Aug. 7 2000
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Worship & Devotion > Devotionals
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Worship & Devotion > Meditations
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Philosophy > Eastern > Buddhism > Zen
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Buddhism > Zen
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Other Eastern Religions & Sacred Texts
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Spirituality > Devotionals
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Spirituality > Meditations