For every computer video game on the market, there are an equal number of new ones brewing, including those you wish you could create. Well now you can turn your game ideas into reality using state-of-the-art game creation tools that don't require any programming skills! You'll learn everything about conceptualizing and building a game including how to create and manipulate images, animation, and sound. This is a great way for beginners to learn the techniques of game development and gain an in-depth understanding of how the process works.
- Detailed tutorials walk through the creation of 3 complete games
- Includes two ready-to-use game engines - Clickteam's The Games Factory (demo) and the Pie in the Sky Software's Pie 3D Game Creation System - that make game creation easy and affordable
- Teaches how to create, capture, and manipulate images and animations to use in your games
- Explains the basics of 2D and 3D game creation and the types of hardware and software needed to get started
- Reviews all the major game genres from maze, board, adventure, and quiz games, to shoot 'em up, simulations, fighting, and many more
- Includes Watchouts, Hints, Activities, Summaries, Glossary and an appendix detailing career possibilities in the game development field