No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
|Digital List Price:||CDN$ 6.46|
|Print List Price:||CDN$ 6.99|
Save CDN$ 1.82 (26%)
40 Days to Better Living--Weight Management Kindle Edition
Kindle Featured Deals
Browse Kindle featured deals from our publishers. See more.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Church Health Center
Millions would like to trim down, either a little or a lot--and 40 Days to Better Living: Weight Management provides clear, manageable steps for people to drop pounds, through life-changing attitudes and actions. Readers can select one or more elements of the 7-step Model for Healthy Living--Faith, Medical, Movement, Work, Emotional, Family and Friends, and Nutrition--and follow the 40-day plan to improve their lives, just a bit, day by day. With plenty of practical advice, biblical encouragement, and stories of real people who've taken the same journey, this book--from the Church Health Center in Memphis, the largest faith-based clinic of its type in the U.S.--may be one of the most important books your customers will read this year.
I found this book to be a quick read with oversimplified information. Many things were useful information and yet there was no new information or theories. It was a fix yourself and encouragement to get it right. The book goes through a week by week encouragement that can be quite depressing if you do and cannot lose weight. I did not care for the do better try harder mentality of this book. It does not take into account that many people need to look at the foods they eat and determine if they are helpful and harmful, especially if you are 50 pounds or greater overweight. It also does not take into account that it will take more than 40 days to lose weight and how to bring back favorite foods back into their diet.
I would like to thank Net Galley and Barbour Publishing for allowing me to read and review this book in return for a free copy and was never asked to write a favorable review by anyone.
For forty days, there is a new topic and reflection. Each day starts with a morning reflection that is divided into subsections: faith, life, medical, movement, work, emotional, family, friends, nutrition and more. The daily entry ends with an evening wrap up where you close the day.
I really like how this book starts and ends each day with a prayer and way to refocus you on your goals. I also like how this doesn't just say, "fix you eating and move more" as there is always more to the weight issue than we know.
I love to read books that will help me with weight loss/management. This book especially spoke to me because it combines all areas of my life and gives me more tools for success. The daily goals are attainable, and I loved the personal stories, morning reflections, and daily practices sections. I recommend this book to anyone who would love an extra nudge, or just wants more practical suggestions on weight management. I received my free copy from Net Galley and the publisher, and thank them for it.
o the morning devotional which has questions and/or points on various topics which can either be done (like going for a walk and seeing how much you can take in via your various senses) or that can be journaled about. These segments are on topics like Faith Life, Medical, Emotional, Nutrition, etc. I like this because I enjoy journaling and working through issues that way. There is a LOT to each day and I pick and choose the segments I want to focus on and skip the rest. If you are someone who has to address every point, this will probably seem overwhelming to you.
o the evening devotional that has a Scripture, a devotional thought, and a prayer.
I just do both segments in the morning and it gives me a good start to my day.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Living
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Diets & Weight Loss > Diets > Weight Loss
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Diets & Weight Loss > Diets > Weight Maintenance
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Diets & Weight Loss > Heart Disease
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Exercise & Fitness
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Nutrition
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Personal Health > Healthy Living
- Books > Medical Books > Medicine > Internal Medicine > Cardiology
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Internal Medicine > Cardiology
- Books > Self-Help
- Kindle Store > English Language Store
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Diets & Weight Loss > Diets > Weight Loss
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Diets & Weight Loss > Diets > Weight Maintenance
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Diets & Weight Loss > Heart Disease
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Exercise & Fitness
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Personal Health > Healthy Living
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Medical Books > Medicine > Internal Medicine > Cardiology