Compare Offers on Amazon
+ CDN$ 9.54 shipping
430X Automower with Installation Kit
|Price:||CDN$ 3,399.99 FREE SHIPPING.|
- Working area capacity 0.79
- Battery type Li-Ion
- Sound level Guaranteed 58 dB(A)
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Meet Automower® 430X, a robotic mower that will give you the perfect lawn and more free time. If you own a medium or large-sized yard up to 0.79 acres, Automower® 430X is the model of choice. Featuring smart technology and an intuitive interface, Automower® is the world’s most capable robotic mower. Obstacles and tight spaces are no sweat. In fact, thanks to its weather resistance, Automower® works in the rain, too. Plus, as a premium Automower® model in the X-line series, the 430X comes with Automower® Connect, featuring GPS navigation and theft tracking, along with the special X-line design, including LED headlights, rubber front bumper and specially painted wheel caps.
No customer reviews
|5 star (0%)|
|4 star (0%)|
|3 star (0%)|
|2 star (0%)|
|1 star (0%)|
Review this product
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
1. You will need to obtain a four digit pin code to start the mower up. You should allow for an of hour of back and forth with the factory to get the pin. You will need to purchase the mower from a seller that can communicate the proper phone numbers etc. to you. The pin will not be available on weekends.
2. Husqvarna does not offer tech support on the mower. When I called tech support I was referred to a local "Great Northern Tool" location. Without dealer support you are on your own. Luckily the dealer I purchased the unit from offered great support.
3. The owners manual that comes with the mower is very limited. There is a more detailed manual available online. You should read the more advanced manual before you start the install and set up.
4. I would recommend that you layout a small test area of boundary wire to confirm that the mower works before you spend the time installing the full boundary wire. If you can afford it by all means get a professional install vs DIY.
5. I trenched in the boundary wire at a 2" depth but even at that shallow depth I seemed to find plenty of stuff to cut in the yard. Making these repairs will add to your install cost. For me about $200 of repairs. If there was a next time I would lay the wire on top of the ground. Make sure to allow extra wire for connecting the guide wire to the boundary wire and the boundary wire to garden bed areas.
6. If you are installing the guide wire with a "large Kit" plan on around 6 hours of hard labor to lay the wire and a couple of hours set up time after that. I did this over two days.
7. After operating the mower for a little while the back wheel fell off. It was easy to put back on because I somehow found the wheel nut.
8. Buy a bigger mower than you think you will need. The 430x is rated at .8 acres but this is running every day on a 24 hour period. Look at the online manual for the time required for different sized yards. The 430x will work for me but the 450x would have been better.
9. After a rocky start I think the product is good.
6 Week Update:
After running the Automower for six weeks or so I am upgrading my ranking to 5 stars. I have about 14,000 SF of Grass. Initially I ran mower for several days in a row but later I shortened the cycle to two days a week. I run the mower 2am to 6pm. Monday and Thursday.
We've had two instances where the mower went outside the boundary wire into a pine straw bed that has been "looped" out of the cutting area. When that happens the mower stops running. That area of the yard is a small passage way on a slope. I set the machine to run 12" over the boundary wire instead of 14" and it has not gotten stuck again. Shorten up the "over wire" distance a little gives the machine a bit more room to maneuver. If it happens again I will move the boundary wire back a little from the bed.
Basically, the grass is now always perfect. As the grass is always short it has taken a few weeks for the lawn to turn deep green again.
Keep in mind that you will still need to edge your lawn and do some minor cutting with a conventional mower. I'm guessing you will cut your lawn time down by about 2/3's or more.
I would recommend the AutoConnect option, but it is a little pricey but totally worth it (I’ll explain later). The Husqvarna dealer locally was a bit timid to get their hands on the robot as they primarily work on engines and not electronics but I stood watch as they dissected Jerry and installed the new switchboard. Probably 30 mins of updates for the new board, so order a pizza if you’re hanging out at the shop. You won’t be seeing these people too often unless you bring it back for winter storage, but that’s not an option for me living in South Florida.
Jerry takes the St. Augustine grass and plows through without issue. He goes rain or shine, the only exception was during Hurricane Irma where we lost power for 5/6 days. I cannot be happier with him, I often make some black tea and hang out with Jerry as he works daily 9:30am-3:30pm. I had so many people interested in him, I felt it was only a matter of time before someone tried to steal him, and I was right. My neighbor heard the built in (super loud) alarm and stopped a “kind gentleman “ who stated he was simply putting the robot back in the yard bc he was drining in the road.... that can’t happen by the way due to the boundary wire I personally installed. This brings me back to the AutoConnect GPS feature that they offer for 430x and 450 Automowers. If someone lifts/picks-up the mower, an alarm will sound. It’s loud but if you’re not home or something what good does it do right? Good question, if the pin code you set during installation is not entered within the allotted time, the mower will disable. You can adjust the time in the settings if you have the Automower Connect feature and maybe if you tinker with the built in screen (easy to use). If the Thief makes off with your mower, you can use the Automower Connect GPS app like “Find iPhone” feature and track it back down. Not sure about you, but I’m rolling with my Mossberg 12ga and making sure Jerry comes back home with me.
There are several features that disable your mower even if you don’t opt into the GPS option, but I shopped around for insurance for Jerry and I can’t find it so I would need to do a Homeowners Insurance claim if stolen or run over from bad drivers. That’s about $1k and that sucks. That’s 3x more than the Automower Connect GPS. U do the math. Later
It is very quiet. Easy to program. I do have plastic boarders around the grass that I have had to cut or alter as he would get stuck trying to come back over the ledge due to the drop. He can get himself out of an area where he might be stuck as it will go at different angles.
We have a dog. It has not been a problem as all with the dog mess or cat/dog for that matter. The only drawback is the dog will hear it outside the room at night and can wake her and then she wakes us. We don't mow at night anymore. But rain or shine, its so fantastic and you wont regret it.