44 Charles Street Audio CD – Audiobook, CD, Unabridged
|New from||Used from|
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"Charismatic and talented, The Big Five have been firm friends since their first day at school and the challenges, pitfalls and heartache of adult life make them ever more reliant on their trusty friendships. A satisfying novel from the Queen of Romance which explores each of the five's complicated family dynamics."
About the Author
Danielle Steel has been hailed as one of the world’s most popular authors, with over 590 million copies of her novels sold. Her many international bestsellers include Happy Birthday, 44 Charles Street, Legacy, Family Ties, Big Girl, Southern Lights, and other highly acclaimed novels. She is also the author of the story of her son Nick Traina’s life and death.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
- She kept saying the same things over and over again - the same phrases to describe the shallowness of the mother, the relationships of the people in the storyline, and more.
- You hear "show don't tell" at writer's conferences, but this felt more like you were having coffee with someone as they made up a story to tell you across the table. It was a good storyline but needed to be fleshed out more to be a novel. I didn't care about any of the characters or what happened to them. I could stop reading at any time and the only reason I kept reading was because I PAID for the book.
- The author didn't bother making any of the major scenes "major" but side-stepped them. When the main character comes home to a dead roommate she "senses" something is wrong and calls the police from outside, totally skipping the drama of the situation. When her boyfriend's son is kidnapped, the father remembers where the ex-wife used to take him, they show up and take him home. A complete non-event!
- The two couples who fall in love during the story go from being friends to kissing and agreeing to have a relationship without any catalyst for a change to romance.
This book left me feeling frustrated and ripped off. The publishers know they'll sell the book because the author is famous, but they should focus more on quality than on deadlines and dollars.
Most recent customer reviews
Like all the other Danielle Steel novels it builds up to a very quick ending.Published 24 months ago by Marieandry
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Audiobooks > Audio CDs > Authors, A-Z > ( S ) > Steel, Danielle
- Books > Audiobooks > Audio CDs > Literature & Fiction > General
- Books > Audiobooks > Audio CDs > Literature & Fiction > Unabridged
- Books > Audiobooks > Audio CDs > Romance
- Books > Literature & Fiction
- Books > Romance > Contemporary