History Channel Alamo
- Platform: Windows 98 / Me / XP
- Media: CD-ROM
- Item Quantity: 1
From the Manufacturer
A call to arms has been issued. "War is the only recourse..." declared Stephen F. Austin upon his release from a Mexican jail. Texans volunteer to come and defend the Alamo from an invading Mexican Army. The war for independence from Mexico has just begun. Turn back the hands of time to experience the first-hand one of the hardest fought battles in American history. Grossly outnumbered and under-supplied, these few brave men fought the Mexican armies on not only what will become American soil but, across the Mexican border. Play through the eight battles that lead up to and include the battle of the Alamo and maybe even change history. The History Channel: Alamo features historical characters, a reference time-line, and much more.
- Exciting and engaging RTS gameplay
- Zoom in and out of the playing field
- 360-degree camera rotation
- Eight missions plus three secret "change history" missions that will be unlocked if player successfully defends the Alamo
- The Texans have six unit types, each with three upgrades
- Units can be set on "modes": stand ground; normal; charge
- Weapons and locations are accurate to the time period
- The Mexican army will have four unit types plus one hero--General Santa Ana
- Access a historical reference section with photos, timelines, and facts of each battle
- The outcome of each mission will have a direct impact on the number of units the player will have for the next mission
- The History Channel program "Remember the Alamo" is one of the highest-rated marquee specials on the network
- Gameplay will feature video clips from "Remember the Alamo
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Despite the History Channel logo on the box there is no history in this video game. The Alamo backdrop could just as easily have zergs from StarCraft fighting Davy Crocket.
ALSO: the game is buggy and the controls are terrible.
The game does sell for a discounted price of 20 bucks but if you are an alamo fan save your money.