ALPS OutdoorZ Commander + Pack Bag
- Top Loading Big Game Pack With Rifle Holder
- Pockets: 2 Accessory Hinged, Main, Front, Spotting Scope
- Includes: Hydration Pocket, Port, Lashing Straps, Clevis Pin Attachments
- Adjustable Torso Range For Individual Comfort 17-23"
- Total Pack Weight: 7.3 lbs.; 86 Liters; 5250 cu.in.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
When you get ALPS OutdoorZ Commander Pack Bag, you’re getting the Commander Freighter Frame PLUS a 5250 cubic inch Pack Bag. The Pack Bag is great for getting all your gear to your base camp. The Pack Bag includes a front pocket, spotting scope pocket, rifle holder, and two side accessory hinged pockets, in addition to the main compartment. Once you empty out your Pack Bag, it can be easily detached so the Commander can be used as a Freighter Frame also. The Commander Freighter Frame allows you to haul your meat from one place to the next. The Commander comes equipped with a unique lashing system to secure your meat. With as much weight as you’ll be carrying, padded waist belt and shoulder straps are a must. There are pockets for your flash light and knife, as well as a holder for your shooting stix on the lashing straps. With the Commander Pack Bag, you really get two products in one, a Pack Bag AND a Freighter Frame!
From the manufacturer
ALPS OutdoorZ Commander Freighter Frame Plus Pack Bag
- Charcoal nylon ripstop fabric
- Rifle holder
- Top loading
- Pockets: Two side accessory pockets, large main compartment, front pocket, spotting scope pocket
- Spindrift collar with draw cord
- Hydration port and pocket
- Frame and lashing straps included with pack bag
- Hold-open frame
- Lower door access with #10 zippers
- Internal horizontal divider
- Webbing loops for lashing
- Clevis pin attachment system
Removable Pack Bag
Pack attaches to frame and offers 5,250 cubic inches of storage space. If removed, the frame can be used as a stand-alone freighter frame.
A drop down rifle holder pocket makes hauling your rifle safe and handsfree.
Spotting Scope Pocket
The spotting scope pocket measures 16 inch L x 6 inch W x 2.5 inch D.
A hydration port and pocket make the pack H2O compatible.
Lower Door Access
Lower door access has #10 zipper and an internal horizontal divider.
Webbing loops provide space for lashing extra gear to the outside of the pack.
Charcoal-colored nylon ripstop fabric is used throughout making the overall design extremely strong and durable.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The Pros: 1. Can Carry a lot of stuff
2. Seems fairly sturdy and thats where it ends
The Cons: 1. Adding and Removing the pins to swap the pack to the freighter or whatever you want to call it. It's a pain.
2. You always have to adjust the weight at the hips every so often.
3. It is uncomfortable plain and simple you will notice that after an hour unless your wearing a thick coat even then your feeling it at the hips too.
4. You have to take the pack off to get your gun out of Scabbard and it catches on both side pockets so forget quick shots or Mr. Grizzly barreling at you. If you live in bear country don't use it stick to your sling.
I recommend packing light in this pack if you plan on using it to bring back game meat or you'll be making two trips one to bring back your game the other for your equipment because you have to use the freighter you can't use the pack bag you will damage it. Remember pack light, pack smart.
Want to see more reviews on this item?
Most recent customer reviews