- Exclusive access to cleaning, safety, and health supplies. Create a free business account to purchase
AMERICAN HOLLY Ilex Opaca 15 SEEDS
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- American holly is an elegant evergreen tree that's ideal for home landscapes. Its dense branching, pyramidal habit and smooth gray bark are only a few of the appealing attributes of this broadleaf evergreen
- Wild specimens grow in forests across the eastern half of the United States, from Maine to Texas, and are particularly common from the Appalachian Piedmont to the Atlantic coastal plain.
- The spiny, oval leaves of American holly are stiff and dull, dark green. Cultivars tend to have slightly glossy foliage. Sharp, yellowish spines that are painful to the touch arm the undulating leaf edges.
- Each leaf will persist on a tree for up to three years before falling. Small, white or greenish flowers appear in late spring or early summer on the current year's growth. The trees are dioecious, which means each specimen has either male or female flowers, never both.
- Only female trees yield red or orange-red berries in the fall, but male trees are needed for pollination and fruit-set. The colorful berries last well into the winter. Birds will eat the fruit over the course of the season
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Date First Available : Oct. 13 2017
- Manufacturer : 7108983767545
- ASIN : B076FJC9ZV