- Media: Electronics
- Item Quantity: 1
Compare Offers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ CDN$ 5.95 shipping
APC Canada P6W 6 Outlet, Wall Mount, Phone
|List Price:||CDN$ 11.99|
|Price:||CDN$ 10.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over CDN$ 25. Details|
|You Save:||CDN$ 1.00 (8%)|
- Reduces line noise that can cause data loss and keyboard errors
- To prevent damage to your equipment from power surges and spikes
- SurgeArrest will warn you if its circuitry has been damaged by heavy strike or power line surge and it is unable to provide 100% protection
- This LED informs users of potentially dangerous wiring problems in the wall circuit
- Attenuates EMI/RFI line noise that can cause data errors and keyboard lockups, ensuring better performance of protected equipment
Frequently Bought Together
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
The APC SurgeArrest Essential series represents the minimum level of surge protection that should be present on any of your computers and household electronics, with most models also providing surge protection for your phone lines.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
I like how they securely mount to the outlet with the centre screw so there is now worry of it being pulled out of the wall. The LEDs are easy to see and understand. Just gotta remember that once the "PROTECTION WORKING" LED goes out, it can still serve as a tap / power block but no longer offers surge protection as these are consumable items ... think of them as oil filters that will eventually need to be replaced. I like the simple low profile look. I purchased two (2) and will definitely go back to pick up a couple more.
NOTE: I PAID FULL PRICE FOR THIS PRODUCT WITH MY OWN HONEST HARD-EARNED AFTER-TAX MONEY. I get no compensation for writing any reviews. My reviews are based on my first-hand experience and I call'em as I see'em.
Overall, I'm really happy with this. There's a lot of no name units somewhat similar but it's nice to know this is from a brand I've had great experiences with (battery backups and power bars). I really like how the plugs are to the sides. Definitely allows furniture to be placed closer without having cables bent in ways that hurry their degradation.
Not much else to say! It works!
Just noticed some comments about having to remove the wall socket cover plate to mount this. Yes, you CAN do that for semi-permanent mounting. However, you do NOT have to. You can simply losen the bolt so it does not prevent the prongs from reaching the wall socket.
Does as asked without odd high-pitch noises emanating from it. Very unlike my cheap big-box-mart purchased garbage.
Very sturdy construction. The plastic housing would not be out of place in a Stanley tool box. Feels rugged and thick.
- Its an APC by Schneider - feel secure
- 6 side facing outlets - 3 on either side
- no high pitch whines associated with cheaper components (trust me on this with the cheap crap)
- solid construction - from prongs, movement or rattles within the case to the sockets themselves.
- excellent spacing between sockets allowing for larger (modern) electronic plugs with contained transformers.
- stays on the wall with all 6 sockets occupied (my last cheap one would start to gently pull away from the weight of the plugs and the awful prongs.
- No USB slots - this should be standard in todays world. (lose one star for this)
- Chunky (has to be, to allow enough space for side sockets)
- not free...sadly :)
I Recommend this unit at this price. I bought 3.
Unlike cheaper alternatives (which only filter some of the surge at the contact point with the wall outlet) APC has a power cutoff, Attenuates EMI/RFI and protects electronics by keeping the wall outlet power separated from your electronic's power plug. Finally, should the power cutoff and EMI/RFI fail there is a $50K warranty...
I personally have used APC products for 22 years and it has never failed me. Their customer service is always friendly and they act very fast to get your replacement units (should you need one) to you ASAP. I've used the "lifetime warranty" once, many years ago and I was sent a brand new unit no questions asked. I was just told to return the used unit back to them (for product improvement and analysis.)
So, you could say that I am very happy with this product and other APC products overall...
Just a little tip. The 6 side outlets are facing sideways. Unfortunately, they are all oriented the same way, so if you are trying to plug into this thing a power cord with an angled plug that is angled the "wrong" way, it may end up sticking out of the wall. The solution I found is to use one of these: MarginMart C&E 24537 1-Feet Outlet Saver Power Extension Cord NEMA 5-15R to NEMA 5-15P, 4-Pack. Their plugs are not angled, so you can orient everything the way you want to, which is important if this surge protector is to sit flat behind something - in my case a fridge, which has such an angled plug.
Most recent customer reviews
Great little surge protector. Mounts nicely to the outlet without the need to remove the plastic cover on the plug. You just remove the screw and mount over top. Read morePublished 27 days ago by Amazon Customer
not worth the money. Bought it to filter RF signals which it only does occasionally.Published 2 months ago by MDG
Works great, I wish it had a place for USB also. There is enough space to use all six plugs, but it depends on how thick the adapter you are putting on.Published 3 months ago by Mona O
Easy to install and sturdy. Awesome for peace of mind for all my electronics. Make sure you have the right kind of outlet if you want to fasten it.Published 4 months ago by Shawn