Compare Offers on Amazon
+ CDN$ 14.98 shipping
4-Year DOP - PC Peripherals Planfrom AMT Warranty
- Includes 100% Parts and Labor coverage
- 5 Day Repair Guarantee on Depot Service
- Repair or Replacement Promise on Every Covered Product
- Contract Delivered by E-mail, Register and File Claims Online or by Phone
- Repair Plans are Fully Transferable at No Additional Cost
ASRock X399 Taichi sTR4 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1/3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard
- Supports AMD TR4 Socket Ryzen Threadripper Series CPUs
- IR Digital PWM, 11 Power Phase & Dr. MOS and operating system is microsoft windows 10 64-bit,windows 10 RS2 is supported
- 7.1 CH HD Audio (Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec), Supports DTS Connect
- 8 SATA3, 3 Ultra M.2 (PCIe Gen3 x4 & SATA3)
- 2 USB 3.1 10Gb/s (1 Type-A + 1 Type-C), 12 USB 3.0 (4 Front, 8 Rear)
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
X399 Taichi ASRock Super Alloy Supports AMD TR4 Socket Ryzen Threadripper Series CPUs IR Digital PWM, 11 Power Phase & Dr. MOS Supports DDR4 3600+(OC) 4 PCIe 3.0 x16, 1 PCIe 2.0 x1 NVIDIA 4-Way SLI, AMD 4-Way CrossFireX 7.1 CH HD Audio (Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec), Supports DTS Connect 8 SATA3, 3 Ultra M.2 (PCIe Gen3 x4 & SATA3) 2 USB 3.1 10Gb/s (1 Type-A + 1 Type-C), 12 USB 3.0 (4 Front, 8 Rear) 1 U.2 Connector Dual Intel Gigabit LAN Intel 802.11ac Wi-Fi ASRock RGB LED BIOS Flashback Hyper BCLK Engine III.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Showing 1-7 of 7 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
It has it's own faults as well, notably the BIOS updates have been a bit slower coming than I expected, and this hasn't helped the hardware hiccups that are the current state of TR4 + Linux + Virtualization (IOMMU, PCIe issues) - but it is humming along now, so ultimately surmountable.
Note, for the server-inclined: This board + TR does indeed have working support for ECC RAM. I'm using Crucial CT8G4WFD824A.18FB1 sticks, 8GB, DDR4-2400. PN is listed as 18ASF1G72AZ-2G3B1, so I suspect the equivalent Kingston value ram would work just as well.
My very first eye-raising moment was unboxing to see the motherboard exposed with no anti-static bag. Fortunately this didn't end up being a problem, but this is the only motherboard I've ever received in such a state. (And it doesn't seem to be an anomaly as others have made this observation.)
Features otherwise work as advertised. I took advantage of the BIOS Flashback feature to update the BIOS to support my 2950X which worked flawlessly.
I'm torn between 2 and 3 stars because the motherboard isn't terrible but I decided on 2 because ultimately I regret the purchase. The lack of hysteresis and the frustrating experience trying to tame the conspicuous noise levels as a result of missing this basic feature makes me wish I had gone with another brand. Instead I will have to resort to solving the problem in software.