- Product Dimensions: 29.6 x 20.3 x 3.7 cm ; 1.5 Kg
- Shipping Weight: 2.1 Kg
- Item model number: 1215N-PU17-SL
- ASIN: B0041G5XII
- Date first available at Amazon.ca: Sept. 24 2010
- Average Customer Review: 7 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #304,164 in Electronics (See Top 100 in Electronics)
ASUS Eee PC Seashell 1215N-PU17-SL 12.1-Inch Netbook (Silver)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- 12.1-Inch WXGA (1366x768)
- D525 (1.80Ghz) Dual Core
- 2G DDR3
- NVIDIA ION2
- 250G 5400RPM
1215N-PU17-SL,Silver,12.1 WXGA (1366x768),D525 (1.80Ghz) Dual Core,2GB DDR3,NVIDIA ION2,250G 5400,No ODD,W7 Home Premium (32 bit),802.11BGN,0.3M Pixel,No BT,57.72w/h (Up to 6 Hrs),500GB Internet Storage + HDMI,1 Year Global Warranty, (6 mon
Top Customer Reviews
There was also a problem with a noisy hard drive, which is also a known issue. I was able to download software to control the noise (Quiet HDD) but that shouldn't be necessary.
Unfortunately Amazon only gives 30 days to return, so I am probably out of luck and out 500 bucks. Buyer beware!
* Windows 7 premium - much better than the stripped-down "starter" edition included with most netbooks.
* Dual-core Atom processor - more than enough horsepower for almost any task.
* Nvidia ION2 graphics power - much better performance than the usual netbook with Intel integrated graphics.
* Battery life - I regularly get over 5 hours. Many netbooks get more, but considering the performance advantage of the 1215N - more than acceptable.
* Portability - small and light.
* Build quality - very sturdy, quality feel to plastics.
* Screen - nice resolution for a 12" screen, also has HDMI output so you can play videos on your HD TV or a large monitor. Videos play flawlessly when played on a big screen.
* Touchpad buttons are quite stiff to press - I've gotten used to it so not a big issue for me. I also use a Microsoft Arc mouse most of the time.
* Speakers sound a little "tinny" - good volume, no bass. Volume takes two hands to adjust (have to press the Function key with left hand, volume up & down buttons with the right - inconvenient). Sound through headphones is good, though.
* Access to the hardware inside is limited to the 2 RAM slots through a single panel on the bottom. Hard drive etc. can not be accessed without disassembling the computer - so upgrading hardware (adding a bigger hard drive or changing to a Solid State drive, for example) is not possible.
* A lot of pre-installed "crap-ware", takes time to uninstall it all.
I've had my 1215N for over a year with no problems at all.Read more ›
Most recent customer reviews
Received - stopped working after one day - computer totallt dead.
Worse still Amazon totally ignored 4 emails regarding this.
AMAZONS CUSTOMER SERVICE IS A JOKE.
It is a good litte computer. Handy size and light. Nice screen. Great on internet. OK for computing but will not replace my desk top which has a fast cpu. Read morePublished on Nov. 8 2011 by Scott Henriksen