- Product Dimensions: 27.1 x 17.7 x 1.3 cm ; 680 g
- Shipping Weight: 1.2 Kg
- Item model number: TF101-A1
- ASIN: B004U78J1G
- Date first available at Amazon.ca: April 12 2011
- Average Customer Review: 22 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #70,991 in Electronics (See Top 100 in Electronics)
ASUS Eee Pad Transformer TF101-A1 10.1-Inch Tablet Computer (Tablet Only)
- Nvidia tegra 2 cpu, 1gb of ddr2 sdram, 1 slot, 1gb max, 16gb internal flash memory, wireless 80211bgn, bluetooth 21
- Mini hdmi port, 4-in-1 card reader (mmc/sd/sdhc/sdxc), 1.2mp (front) and 5.0mp (rear) webcam,
- Gps,gravity sensor, e-compass, light sensor, gyroscope,244 with lithium polymer battery (up to 9.5 hours battery life)
- 40-pin docking port for optional keyboard (keyboard not included)/docking station
- 40-Pin Docking Port for Optional Keyboard (Keyboard Not included)/Docking Station (Model Name: TF101 DOCKING)
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Size : 16GB
Amazon.ca Product Description
The new Eee Pad Transformer tablet has a full size Mobile Docking Station (Option) that allows it to be used as a notebook. New Asus Transformer tablet runs the Google Android 3.0 Honeycomb update with Asus' new MyWave User Interface on the top of it. Housing a 1GHz Nvidia Tegra 2 processor, the Transformer tablet has a 10.1-inch touchscreen display, dual-cameras and an HDMI out. The company noted that the tablet would be available in 16GB and 32GB storage capacities. Asus Eee Pad Transformer tablet has 10.1-inch IPS panel-based Corning Gorilla Glass capacitive touchscreen that supports 1280x800 pixel resolution. Its big touchscreen is capable of full 1080p HD playback and also has Adobe Flash Player 10.1 support (one can update with Flash Player 10.2 once product is made available officially). The most important feature of the Transformer tablet is that it houses 1GHz Nvidia Tegra 2 processor and 1GB RAM that will not only power the tablet but will also ensure smooth full HD playback. At the back panel lies a 5-megapixel camera with auto-focus and a 1.2 megapixel at the front usable for the video chat. Other features of the Transformer tablet include Wireless-N and Bluetooth support for wireless connectivity. For physical connectivity, the tablet offers USB port, built-in card reader and HDMI out port. Google Android 3.0 Honeycomb running Transformer features Asus MyWave UI layered on top of it and has WaveShare network media sharing system along with other features. Transformer also includes Gravity Sensor, Ambient Light Sensor, E-Compass, Gyroscope and GPS for location based services.
From the Manufacturer
Transforming the Conventional into the Unconventional
With a slim, lightweight design and a 10.1-inch WSVGA IPS capacitive display with Corning Gorilla Glass, the versatile Eee Pad Transformer is the perfect tablet for anyone who want to enjoy multimedia on the move, but still wish to have easy access to the web, email, and other productivity applications. A custom user interface provides easy access to the many features of the Android 3.0 (Honeycomb) operating system, while the NVIDIA Tegra 2 chipset provides full support for Adobe Flash 10.2,1 smooth HD video conferencing and playback, a lightning fast web experience, and incredible mobile gaming performance. The optional docking station turns the Eee Pad Transformer into PC mode with a QWERTY keyboard, while extending battery life up to 16 hours.2 Front and rear cameras make for easy video chat and digital photography, which can be played back in video on HDTVs via a mini HDMI output port, making it a true mobile entertainment device.
- 10.1-inch WSVGA IPS capacitive pressure-sensing multi touch display for brilliant HD entertainment and intuitive navigation. 178° viewing angle (1280 x 800)
- Lightweight and made with Corning Gorilla Glass for easy portability and robust durability
- Powered by NVIDIA Tegra 2 mobile processor for best web experience with up to two times faster browsing, hardware accelerated Flash, and console-quality gaming (Learn more)
- Front (1.2 MP) and rear (5 MP) cameras for face-to-face video chats and on-the-go video and picture capturing (Learn more)
- Mini HDMI port to supersize your entertainment to compatible HDTVs and external displays (Learn more)
- Optional Docking station with QWERTY keyboard adds additional 6.5 hours of battery life, to instantly turn the Transformer into PC mode with up to 16 hours of battery life 2 (Learn more)
Ranked as the #1 most reliable PC brand by 3 independent sources4, readers and editors alike choose ASUS as their trusted notebook and netbook. ASUS tirelessly strives to exceed expectations of quality to ensure you an unmatched peace of mind every time you start your PC.
ASUS also backs this commitment with the industry's most comprehensive warranty.
- 1 year North America warranty
- Free one-way standard shipping
- 24/7 tech support
What's in the Box
- ASUS EeePad Transformer TF101 (16MB Internal Storage)
- User manual
- Power adaptor with USB to 40 pin connector
- Warranty card
- Operating System: Android 3.0 (Honeycomb) Platform
- Display: 10.1-inch WSVGA IPS capacitive multi touch display built with Corning Gorilla Glass; 178° viewing angle(1280 x 800)
- Chipset: NVIDIA Tegra 2 Mobile Processor
- Memory: 1GB DDR2
- Wireless: 802.11b/g/n
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth v2.1 + EDR
- Storage: 16GB eMMC Flash (Memory expansion via microSD card slot with support for optional cards up to 32 GB (functionality requires future software upgrade)
- Camera: 1.2 megapixel (Front); 5.0 Megapixel (Rear)
- Speakers: SRS Sound
- Card Reader: Micro SD Card Reader
- Input / Output: 1 x Mini HDMI, 2-in-1 audio jack (head phone/mic-in jack), internal mic
- Battery Pack: 24.4 W/h Li-polymer battery (up to 9.5 hours)1
- Dimensions: 10.67 x 6.97 x 0.51 inches (W x D x H)
- Weight: 1.5lbs
- Color: Espresso
1 Adobe Flash 10.2 support requires an upgrade available online.
2 Actual battery life varies with usage. Operation lifetime subject to product model, normal usage conditions and configurations.
3 Compatible with DLNA Certified devices only.
4 Rated number 1 Windows-based PC maker in PCMag.com's Service & Reliability Report 2010. Rated number 1 PC brand according to SquareTrade, the leading direct-to-consumer warranty company. Rated number 1 reliable PC maker in Q2 2010's RESCUECOM report.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
The device itself is a real treat - it's light, easy to hold, and the screen is clear and vibrant. I've already mentioned that the performance is good, and I have to say also that there has never been any issue of the tablet getting hot, even when playing graphically intensive games. Overall I'm generally very happy with my purchase.
So here's a list of pros and cons:
- Thin and light
- Good battery life
- Great screen
- Can stand up to the odd bump (I dropped it accidentally from a couple of feet off the ground, due to forgetting that the charge cable was still plugged in, so it pulled the device out of my hand. There wasn't even a scratch on the device!).
- Really great browser support, including flash player.
- Ability to dock it and turn it into an netbook.
- MicroSD card slot
- The default keyboard isn't great, so you're better investing in a split screen keyboard app.Read more ›
Things to note:
1. Price: $400 is freaking amazing! I never bought an iPad or similar device because of the price. I almost did several times but I could never justify it due to the price. I wanted 64gb but there's no way I'm going to shell out 800+ for it. Companies pushing their entry level devices for $500 and up to $800+ for their higher level device are crazy. Yes, they will sell to folks who can afford it (or think they can afford it) but they are not the majority. There are so many of us riding the fence because justify spending that much money. At $400, the decision to buy is a lot easier.
2. Display: The screen is amazingly clear and crisp. No eye strains whatsoever watching 720p movies. Lots of online reviewers stated that the display is fantastic and I completely agree with them.
3. Horse Power: Playing 720p movies with no stutter or tearing. I haven't tried 1080p yet because I don't have a large enough micro SD card. My brother reported that he got bad stutters running 720p when he tested it but we attributed that to his slow micro SD card. I've also read some reviews online regarding stutters; however they were unclear on what media software being used or whether they were running the movies off the main memory, micro SD or streaming from their PC. I'm using RockPlayer and there is no trace of any stuttering.
Moving icons around or flipping screen is a bit slower than my brother's iPad. Nothing detrimental or annoying though considering the difference is only a fraction of a second. Since the Android desktop is way more complex than Apple's desktop of simple icons, I'm going to forgive Android for being a smidge slower.Read more ›
In short, this has to beat the other pads hands down. I have some friends who have Ipads, but My Eee Pad does everything their machine does just as well and it only costs $400. (Not to mention (again)that I can use SD cards, USB and it can use Flash on the Internet). When I get my keyboard dock (it has a built in battery), I'll be good for 16 hrs before recharging.
The downside, so far, is the puny manual, but playing with the machine teaches you just about everything. (BTW, if you use the YouTube App and want to go full screen, put your finger on the part of the screen thats playing, and you'll see the little 4 arrow icon to touch to get full screen.)
I'm checking out all the places near me that have wifi. Fun is fun!!
Most recent customer reviews
Do not buy anything from Asus. I purchased this a few months before the release of the TF201 and as soon as the newer version came out, Asus left the first version in the dust. Read morePublished 20 months ago by Zhan Wang
Bought this about 1 year ago. Future Shop salesman talked me into it, instead of an iPAD. From the beginning it was slow. Read morePublished on April 2 2014 by Shelly
I've had this tablet for almost a year now and I'm thrilled with it. It is easy to use, reliable and has every app I could ever want. Read morePublished on June 14 2012 by DQ
After turning the device ON it started updating to the newest version of Android: Ice Cream Sandwich ... big mistake. Read morePublished on May 13 2012 by Die
An device as good as an iPad or iPad 2, that costs less money, that runs Flash.
Relence's review is entirely correct on the specifications. Read more
I absolutely love my Eee Pad! I'm addicted to it - can't put it down. Picture is great, performance is great. It's well protected with the case and screen protectors. Read morePublished on Feb. 28 2012 by supernatural lover
J'ai passé ma commande le 19 jan 2012, le 31 jan 2012 je contacte Amazone car mon article n'était pas encore expédié, le 2 février 2012, pas de... Read morePublished on Feb. 2 2012 by Pelbe3