- Product Dimensions: 23.4 x 32.8 x 3.6 cm ; 1.8 Kg
- Shipping Weight: 3.4 Kg
- Item model number: U31SD-DH31
- ASIN: B005PAIQG0
- Date first available at Amazon.ca: Oct. 12 2011
- Average Customer Review: 1 customer review
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #504,741 in Electronics (See Top 100 in Electronics)
- Discontinued by manufacturer: Yes
ASUS U31SD-DH31 13.3-Inch Thin and Light Laptop (Black) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Intel Core i3-2330M (2.2GHz),Nvidia GT 520 1GB
- 4GB DDR3 1333MHz SDRAM, 2 slots, 8GB Max, 640GB Hard Drive 5400 RPM, No ODD
- Windows 7 Home Premium (64bit), 3 in 1 card reader SD,MMC,MS
- 13.3 -Inch (1366*768) (LED), 802.11BGN, 0.3M Pixel, Bluetooth 3.0, HDMI
- 2YR Global/1YR Accidental Damage/30-Day Zero Bright Dot/2-way FREE shipping/24-7 tech support
There is a newer model of this item:
U31SD-DH31, Black, 13.3 (1366 768) (LED), Intel Core i3-2330M (2.2GHz), 4GB DDR3, Nvidia GT 520 1GB, 640GB 5400 RPM, No ODD, W7 Home Premium (64 bit), 802.11BGN, 0.3M Pixel, Bluetooth 3.0, 8 Cell Battery, HDMI, 2YR Global/1YR Accidental Dam
Top Customer Reviews
The hole to insert the power source was once broken, but then I sent it to the nearest ASUS Service Center and get it replaced for free. They even asked Fedex to pickup the laptop from my house.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
- The monitor is very thin, has pretty good color reproduction and is very bright. The native resolution fits very well with the size of the monitor. It is the shiny screen that most laptops have these days, and while I dislike this and prefer the matte screens it is becoming the standard and isn't as bad as some others I've seen. The viewing angles are decent but color definition drops off quickly from the sides.
- The chiclet keyboard is fantastic. The response and feel of the keys is among the best I've had in a laptop since my old HP laptop from 2002. The keyboard is not cramped even on such a small laptop and Asus has included a feature I have not had on a laptop in a while with the ability to disable the track pad while typing. You really just need to try typing on this keyboard to see if it fits your hand, but I think it does a wonderful job even as I type this review for you!
- This computer did come with some bloatware that significantly slowed it down when I pulled it out of the box. While there were not many extra programs installed it did have a ton of the programs there were installed running on startup that did not need to be. It took a considerable amount of time to tune the startup programs and services to achieve optimal performance. My recommendation is to plan on playing around in MSCONFIG and the uninstall programs for a bit when you get this.
- My final impression as nothing to do with the laptop. I must say I was extremely disappointed in the shipping from Amazon. I have ordered plenty of products from them before and my order this last time included an external DVD drive (since the laptop does not come with one) and a new case. They put these along with the laptop in a large box and put a couple pieces of crumpled paper in as well. Needless to say the box did not do well through the UPS shipping route and when I received all of the contents were moving around freely inside the larger box. Because of the movement all the packages of the contents inside had minor damage but fortunately the product packaging was good enough to protect the equipment. This is the first time I've ever had an issue with Amazon, so I hope it is not repeated, but I did need to state my extreme disappointment in this area.
Finally, if you are looking for a small, lightweight, powerful laptop that has exceptional battery life this is the one you are looking for. This is a fantastic price that beats both BestBuy and Newegg. I can say you will NOT be disappointed with your purchase of this computer if it fits what you are looking for.