- Item Weight: 3.4 Kg
- Shipping Weight: 3.4 Kg
- Item model number: UX32VD-DH71-CA
- ASIN: B009PO9NU0
- Date first available at Amazon.ca: Nov. 5 2012
- Average Customer Review: 12 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #110,538 in Electronics (See Top 100 in Electronics)
ASUS Zenbook Prime UX32VD-DH71-CA 13.3-Inch Ultrabook (IPS Full HD display, Intel i7-3517u, 6G DDR3, Nvidia GT620M, 500GB + 24G SSD, Windows 8, 802.11agn+Widi) (Silver Aluminum)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Intel Core i7-3517U (1.9GHz), 6G DDR3, 500GB 5400 RPM + 24G SSD, Windows 8 (64 bit), Nvidia GT 620M 1G
- Silver Aluminum, 13.3-Inch IPS FHD (1920x1080), 802.11AGN+WiDI, HD Camera, Bluetooth 4.0, 6 Cell 6570 (up to 7hr)
- HDMI, Instant On, Sleeve, VGA port, 3x USB 3.0, 1 x 2 in 1 card reader, SD,MMC
- 3.2 lb, dimension 12.8-Inch x 8.78-Inch x 0.71-Inch
- 1YR Global/1YR Accidental Damage/30-Day Zero Bright Dot/2-way FREE shipping/24-7 tech support
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
ZENBOOK UX32VD - Intel - Core i7 - 3517U - 1.9 GHz - DDR3 SDRAM - RAM: 4 GB - 500 GB - 5400 RPM - NVIDIA GeForce GT 620M - 13.3 Inch - TFT Active Matrix - IEEE802.11 a/g/n; Bluetooth 4.0 - Microsoft Windows 8 64-bit - 6-cell - 1 Year Globa
Top Customer Reviews
Two issues, though. The laptop doesn't sit flat. The right front (for my unit) sits high, and on a flat table, can be an issue. It's generally OK, but enough that I wouldn't give it full stars.
The other issue I've had is with the resolution of the screen, which is not a bad thing. I adjust the viewer - the screen resolution is frighteningly good, and sometimes my 40yr old eyes are not up to par. Not an issue for most, so I wouldn't adjust the rating for it.
TL;DR; Doesn't sit flat, otherwise, a great ultrabook for the price.
I'm now working with the fully upgraded machine (RAM and SD) for a month. I'm really happy with the results. I'm a Ubuntu user and the community wiki shows some easy tweaks to make practically everything work. It appears that Ubuntu 13.04 kernel will make the touchpad work like it should. Finally, the battery life is really good... Can't say exactly how long but I'm sure 3h using Ubuntu is easily accomplished.
This laptop although super thin doesn't compromise on speed as I would have expected from an ultrabook.
I did upgrade the RAM which you can in this particular model, so I am working with 10gb.
I have heard upgrading the HD isn't super worth it as it does a decent job with the combo. I'm happy to have the 500gb storage.
The screen is gorgeous! Insanely sharp and clear.
Typing on the keyboard feels very similar to most newer laptops.
So far it's been exactly what I was looking for. Very happy I bought this.
Very light and portable. Excellent resolution on the screen. Pretty fast with an i7 processor.
Just the combination I was looking for. The 1 year warranty is pretty comprehensive as well.
The only things I don't like is the 500 gig hard drive is divided physically into two sections which you have to store data separately. That can be a pain.
The power cord unplugs too easily from the computer.
Otherwise I'm pretty happy with it.
1. Display - ux32vd was the only one in this price range to have 1080 display. The macbook pro retina display was the exception, however, that brings me into another price range completely.
2. Upgradability - the macbooks are quite expensive to upgrade and require proprietary hardware. The ux32vd has the ability the upgrade memory and harddrive with common parts.
3. Portability - Pretty much all the ultrabooks fit this bill.
After purchase, I bought a 512 GB Samsung 840 SSD and replaced the conventional hard drive. I chose 512 GB because I plan to develop software. This upgrade would have been prohibitively expensive on the macbook air.
Most recent customer reviews
The sound is good and if you can DIY to change the hard drive to SSD. It will be awesome.Published 14 months ago by Dylan Kou
This is my second asus computer and i have been very happy with both of them, although a better video card would have been nicePublished on Jan. 3 2014 by William S. White
I bought this mainly for the SSD and to be able to upgrade it in the future. And for video editing. I havn't used it for this yr but for all functions I've used it for its good and... Read morePublished on Sept. 27 2013 by Stephen
Was extremely excited to get this laptop, even more so when it actually arrived after some disappointment with UPS delivery. Read morePublished on Sept. 21 2013 by dbshin