- Product Dimensions: 19.8 x 30.5 x 2.2 cm ; 2 Kg
- Shipping Weight: 2 Kg
- Item model number: X202E-DH31T-CA
- ASIN: B009OWFRL2
- Date first available at Amazon.ca: Nov. 5 2012
- Average Customer Review: 20 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #83,405 in Electronics (See Top 100 in Electronics)
ASUS VivoBook X202E-DH31T-CA 11.6-Inch Touch-screen Laptop (Intel i3-3217u, 4G DDR3, 500GB, Windows 8) (Black)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Intel Core i3-3217U (1.8GHz), 4G DDR3, 500GB 5400 RPM, Windows 8 (64 bit), Intel GMA HD
- Black, 11.6-Inch HD (1366x768), 802.11BGN, HD Camera, Bluetooth 4.0, HDMI
- Instant On, VGA port, LAN, 2x USB 2.0, 1x USB 3.0, 3 in 1 card reader SD,MMC,MS
- 2.9 lb, dimension 11.9-Inch x 7.9-Inch x 0.8-Inch0.9
- 1YR Global/1YR Accidental Damage/30-Day Zero Bright Dot/2-way FREE shipping/24-7 tech support
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
ASUS and You
Ever wonder what a notebook PC would be like if it had a touch screen? So did we. Enter the ASUS VivoBook X202E-DH31T. Featuring an 11.6" LED Backlight HD (1366X768) capacitive touch panel with multi-touch functionality, Windows 8 Home Premium, 3rd Gen Intel Core i3-3217U processor, the ASUS VivoBook X202E-DH31T puts life at your fingertips.
ASUS VivoBook X202E-DH31T and You. Incredible Together.
Tried and Tested for Quality
ASUS is a global technology leader who focuses on the mastery of innovation and design perfection. Today, it is the world's #1 manufacturer of motherboards and is one of world's top PC brands. With customers' need in the forefront, ASUS embodies the passion to create products that truly enhance the computing experience. Not only does design matter, ASUS products are also strictly quality tested to surpass industry standards, surviving multiple drop tests, hinge tests cycles and LCD pressure tests to name a few, ensuring that every ASUS product you buy will be one of your best investments.
ASUS PCs finish near or at the top of the industry's reliability rankings survey after survey.1
Known for their unmatched reliability, ASUS products clearly offers you peace of mind and quality you can trust. Using only premium materials, ASUS aims to break the industry mold and deliver a product that is truly incredible. In addition, ASUS free 1-year accidental damage protection so you sleep worry-free knowing ASUS' got your back.
- 11.6" HD display with capacitive touch panel and multi-touch functionality for more vivid image quality.
- 3rd Gen Intel Core i3-3217U (1.8GHz) processor with Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 Technology for the best visibly smart performance that adapts to your needs
- 500GB HDD with 4GB of DDR3 system memory for smooth computing and ample storage for all your media files
- Instant on in 2 seconds and longer standby time with the efficiency of Super Hybrid Engine II technology
- ASUS SonicMaster Technology delivers more powerful sounds and richer bass to provide the best audio experience
- Operating System: Windows 8 Home Premium (64-bit)
- Display: 11.6" HD (1366*768) Display
- Processor: 3rd Gen Intel Core i3-3217U (1.8GHz) processor
- Graphics: Intel GMA HD
- Wireless: 802.11 b/g/n
- Bluetooth: BT 4.0
- LAN: 10/100Mbps Fast Ethernet Controller
- Memory: 4GB DDR3 1333 MHz SDRAM
- Storage: 500GB HDD
- Camera: 0.3MP
- Speakers: Built-in Stereo speakers with Bang & Olufsen ICEpower
- Card Reader: 3 in 1 card reader (SD, MMC & MS)
- Input/ Output:
- 1 x Combo Mic-in & Headphone-out
- 1 x VGA port
- 1 x RJ-45 LAN
- 2 x USB 2.0 ports
- 1 x USB 3.0 ports
- 1 x HDMI port
- Battery: 2-cell
- Dimensions: 11.9" x 7.9" x 0.8"~0.9 (W x D x H)
- Weight: 2.9lbs (with 2-cell battery
- Color: Grey Aluminum
What's in the Box
- ASUS VivoBook X202E-DH31T Mini Notebook
- AC Adapter
- Warranty Information Card
ASUS Accidental Damage Protection
Covers accidental drops, spills, power surges and fire damage for the first year from date of purchase. Please register within 60 days of purchase to qualify. For more information, visit http://notebookcare.asus.com
1Learn more at http://commercial.asus.com/promos/ASUSReliability//
Top Customer Reviews
- As I said, excellent build quality including the very responsive touchscreen. People have been guessing that I must have paid at least $800 for this machine based on its look and feel alone. It looks and feels like something between a Macbook Air and Pro.
- Remarkably thin considering that it has built in VGA and ethernet ports, and yes, some people still need those!
- It's fast. Obviously with a Core i3 and 4GB of RAM it's not the most powerful device on the market, but if you're not a gamer or into heavy multimedia editing it runs like a breeze. It boots up faster than ANY computer I have ever seen not equipped with an SSD. I guess Windows 8 is to thank for that.
- Speaking of Windows 8, this is a review of the machine not the OS, but I'll just say that it's basically Windows 7 with a better start menu and some handy touched based functionality. On a touchscreen device like this one, I don't see any reason to complain about it.
- Incredibly compact power cable. No brick. It's like a tablet charger. You can literally coil it up and carry it in your pocket.
- Battery life is indeed about 4-5 hours max... that is, with careful power management and light use. Not stellar, but I guess it does deliver the "up to 5 hours" promised.
- A little heavy for its size, certainly not so much to be tiring to carry.
- Some reviewers have complained about the trackpad.Read more ›
+ It's thin, light, very portable.
- However, the battery life is not great.
+ Everything else seems to be good. Touchscreen is responsive.
+ Charger is compact.
If you want a laptop as well as receiving the full experience of Windows 8, this product does the job.
The best thing is how small and light the laptop is. Also, the keyboard is great - it reminds me of an Apple keyboard. Very stable. This laptop does have less hard drive space and memory than others I looked at, but the processor runs all my apps, webpages and Open Office programs without a hitch. I love the touchscreen; it helps me navigate much faster than the touchpad on most laptops. The reviews I read before purchasing said the screen resolution was poor and I was a bit concerned. But it's fine for what I want it for - Netflix looks great, all my documents look good. I just wouldn't use this laptop for gaming.
One thing to brace yourself for is Windows 8. The OS is very different - there's no Start menu, it's not immediately obvious how to close windows and tasks, and the control panel is hidden behind a few menus. But it's an easy fix - just go online, there are lots of tutorials and lists of shortcuts. In Win8 defense, the home screen, with all the apps, is actually fairly handy once you customize it.
I'm super happy with this purchase. The laptop looks great and does all the things I want it to do. Highly recommend.
The X202e has a great keyboard and the touchpad is not bad for a budget notebook. The speed is OK, not close to a i5, but still much better than my Asus Vivotab with celeron running windows 8.
However, I will return this notebook this week because it is useless to me, the problem is that when you run it trough a external monitor and that you close the lid, the processor is running at 80 degree when iddling and after 1-2 minutes of 1080p youtube playback, it reach the 105 degree limit and the laptop shut down.
When used with the screen open, it is running at 68 degree when iddling and can reach 85 degree when working hard, it's very hot and will reduce the life of the processor for sure, don't expect this notebook to last more than a year if you let it running 24/7.
Very disapointed with my last 2 Asus laptop, their quality is not what it used to be.
UPDATED AUGUST 26
I sent the x202e to repair 3 weeks ago due to the high temp. I was surprised to received the laptop back 12 days later, that was very fast. Only problem ; they did not fix anything. No paper in the box explaining any repair they would have made and when I open the laptop, the temps was still 85 degree at idle and the laptop reboot by itself when playing 1080p video.
It cost me 60$ to send the the laptop and now I will have to pay another 60$ to have it repair again. that's 120$ total for a very bad laptop that was already expansive. And I don't know if they will repair it for good this time, I will never buy ASUS again, this is the worst thing I ever purchased in my life.
Most recent customer reviews
Battery life extremely poor other wise a very solid lap topPublished 18 months ago by Blaine McDonald
My husband recommended this laptop to me as I take frequent business trips and needed something lightweight. Read morePublished on July 8 2014 by Kris
Very portable - conveniently sized. Slower than I would have expected or liked. Within 6 months, the power adapter developed a problem and I have since learned that this is not... Read morePublished on March 18 2014 by ticklemom
I am please with the Vivo so far. It is very easy to use with the touch screen. It has had a few errors already but i downloaded a new anti viris and it has not malfunctioned since... Read morePublished on Nov. 18 2013 by greyowl
This product fullfills my expectations.
It's light and the keyboard is confortable. The performance is ok and the graphics are very good.
Small, light weight, reliable, good price and Windows 8 is really great!
Happy with my new laptop ... it's great for trips and presentations etc ...
I agree with most of the other reviews - nice little laptop for the price. Solid build, portable, good keyboard and responsive touchscreen. A bit heavy but not too bad. Read morePublished on Aug. 15 2013 by Charles Logan
I like my purchase so far, the review on amazon.com was right though, the track pad does need a fix, I had the problem that every time the laptop goes to sleep, the touch pad stop... Read morePublished on Aug. 10 2013 by Boyan Zhang
"Bang for the buck" thats the main reason i picked this model. I want my old application to run on my machine. Read morePublished on April 17 2013 by ricardo