- Student Exclusive: Amazon Prime Student members save 10% on all textbook purchases. Enter code TEXT10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
AVIEN Malware Defense Guide for the Enterprise Paperback – Sep 1 2007
|New from||Used from|
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
David Harley has been researching and writing about malicious software and other security issues since the end of the 1980s. From 2001 to 2006 he worked in the UK's National Health Service as a National Infrastructure Security Manager, where he specialized in the management of malicious software and all forms of email abuse, as well as running the Threat Assessment Centre, and has worked since as an independent author and consultant for Small Blue-Green World. He joined ESET's Research team in January 2008. He was co-author of Viruses Revealed (McGraw-Hill) and lead author and technical editor of The AVIEN Malware Defense Guide for the Enterprise (Syngress), as well as a contributor to Botnets: the Killer Web App (Syngress). He has contributed chapters to many other books on security and education for publishers such as Wiley, Pearson and Vieweg, as well as a multitude of specialist articles and conference papers. In his copious free time he is Chief Operations Officer for AVIEN (the Anti-Virus Information Exchange Network) and administers the MAC Virus web site.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
The section on detection a piece of malware that may be running on a user's machine is extremely helpful, the tools mentioned in that chapter will all become staple items in your outbreak "jumpkit" after reading that section.
There really isn't any other book like this out on the market today. The entire book was written by global top professionals in the field that live with the malware threat on a daily basis. They are not people that are locked away in a lab somewhere only dissecting threats sent to them, although that is a part of many of their jobs. These authors know what it's like to be in the trenches, trying to protect their enterprise environments while still maintaining that extremely delicate balance that allows their users to perform the daily activities that they require to make the enterprise run smoothly. These authors help walk you through their sections as if they are right there with you guiding you along and answering your questions.
This is a MUST for every Corporate IT library.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computers & Technology > Computer Science > Software Engineering > Information Systems
- Books > Computers & Technology > Networking & Cloud Computing > Internet, Groupware, & Telecommunications
- Books > Computers & Technology > Networking & Cloud Computing > Networks, Protocols & APIs
- Books > Computers & Technology > Programming
- Books > Computers & Technology > Security & Encryption > Privacy & Online Safety
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems > Networking
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems > Programming Languages