The Abusive Personality, Second Edition: Violence and Control in Intimate Relationships Paperback – Dec 18 2007
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"What sets this book apart from others is that Dutton goes to the core of partner violence by addressing individual psychopathology. He convincingly argues that abusive men have significant personality problems with origins in their early development, and he uses object relations and attachment theory to provide excellent clinical descriptions of how an individual becomes an abuser. This is important reading for any clinician or researcher interested in the psychology of battering."--K. Daniel O'Leary, PhD, Stony Brook University
About the Author
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Just from reading the preface and first chapter, I found the book depends on knowledge of the following subject matter: operant conditioning, social learning theory, attachment theory and John Bowlby's work, psychodynamic object relations theory and developmental psychology, research design, factor analysis, multivariate modeling and path analysis. I have probably left out a few other subjects, but you get the idea.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Mental Health > Personality Disorders
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling > By Topic > Gender
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling > Clinical Psychology
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling > Counseling > Couples & Family Therapy
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling > Pathologies
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling > Personality
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Relationships > Interpersonal Relations
- Books > Medical Books > Medicine > Internal Medicine > Psychiatry
- Books > Parenting & Relationships > Family Relationships > Abuse > Partner Abuse
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Social Work
- Books > Science & Math > Behavioural Sciences
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Specialties > Psychiatry
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Medicine > Clinical > Psychiatry
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Psychology > Clinical Psychology
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Psychology > Psychopathology
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Psychology > Psychotherapy