From the Back Cover
- Utilize acrylics to produce different looks and textures
- Improve your technique with four-color, hands-on instruction
- Complete full-scale projects
- Discover your inner artist
Create gorgeous paintings with this fun and easy guide to acrylics!
Always wanted to paint with acrylics? This easy-to-follow, full color guide gives you expert instruction and simple exercises in acrylic painting techniques and styles. The step-by-step projects let you practice your skill and stir your imagination and give you the foundation to create similar projects with your own subjects and surfaces!
- Get your feet (and brushes) wet assemble your materials, prepare your surfaces, and sort out additives and enhancers
- Try out basic acrylic techniques work with brush strokes, control and thin your paint, experiment with textures, and use stencils
- Practice design and composition principles mix and use color, balance elements, make changes, and pull your painting together
- Imitate several kinds of styles use acrylic paint to mimic the effects of watercolor and oil paints
- Build your repertoire explore texture and dimension, work with glass, rocks, bricks, metalwork, and more
Open the book and find:
- Clear step-by-step instructions with illustrations
- A variety of projects and styles to suit all tastes
- Quick tricks and techniques to get started painting right away
- Lots of colorful paintings to inspire creativity
- Helpful hints for improving your drawing skills
- Full-scale projects at the end of most chapters
- Exercises to jump-start your artistic passion
About the Author
Colette Pitcher is a painter and sculptor who exhibits her artwork throughout the country. She is the owner of the Showcase Art Center in Greeley, Colorado, where she offers adult instruction in numerous painting mediums. Pitcher is also the author of Watercolor Painting For Dummies and is a contributor to PaintWorks magazine.