No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Actually Useful Accounting (Actually Useful Books Book 1) Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
Kindle Featured Deals
Browse Kindle featured deals from our publishers. See more.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
It cuts through the dry boredom of accounts and instead makes the world of numbers understandable and even enjoyable. Now that's an achievement.
Most importantly of all though is that the author has been running several of his own successful businesses for over 30 years and so has managed to do what accountants don't - he gives you the knowledge in a way that you understand it, and in a way that is memorable so that it sticks.
This book is essential reading for anyone running a business even thinking about doing business, so do yourself a favour and eliminate years of potential frustration and pain by getting this book now as your trusted advisor in your business. It will save you time so that you can get on with making a success of your business, financially.
Reading this book is an encounter with the subject in a very natural context, and the logic behind accounting practices comes across very clearly.
I would have given it 5 stars but for a few (admittedly nit-picky) things:
- A number of typos and editing oversights
- The way that the concept of "credit" and "debit" is discussed is from the very non-intuitive vantagepoint of "the company." Rather than make it more logical to me, it has the opposite effect. I doubt that I will ever get used to the idea of something like a profit being bad news for a company. (Yes, I get it that I'm stuck in the viewpoint of an investor.) Then I have to call the bad news a credit! It's like insisting that I think of positive as being a double-negative ... feels very inefficient.
Even so, I do recommend the book for all the rest of its many virtues.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > Industries & Professions > Accounting
- Books > Professional & Technical > Accounting & Finance > Accounting
- Books > Professional & Technical > Accounting & Finance > Industries & Professions > Accounting
- Kindle Store > English Language Store
- Kindle Store > Kindle Exclusives
- Kindle Store > Kindle Unlimited
- Kindle Store > Kindle Unlimited > Business & Investing > Industries & Professions > Accounting
- Kindle Store > Kindle Unlimited > Professional & Technical
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Investing > Industries & Professions > Accounting
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Professional & Technical > Accounting & Finance > Industries & Professions > Accounting