Administering IIS (5) Paperback – Apr 12 2000
|New from||Used from|
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
Everything You Need to Know to Maximize IIS 5.0, Microsoft's Powerful Web Server
Now you can get all the information you need to deploy Microsoft’s Internet Information Services 5.0, the powerful Web platform, which is now included as part of Windows 2000 Server. This practical, task-oriented guide explains exactly what you need to know to get IIS 5.0 right the first time, regardless of your level of experience. Covering essential day-to-day maintenance and dozens of invaluable troubleshooting tips and tricks this reference is the ultimate guide for today’s IIS administrators.
- Task at a glance section guides for easy to locate information
- Extensive troubleshooting sections for solving common problems
- Additional information sources, on-line and off, listed at end of every chapter
- Step by step walk-throughs, every process is broken down into easy to follow steps
- Numerous screen shots and figures which enhance the walk-through approach
- Highlighted notes and tips throughout help readers navigate through the material
About the Author
Mitch Tulloch is both an MCSE and a Microsoft Certified Trainer. He is currently a consultant with Productivity Point.
Top Customer Reviews
If you're looking for a comprehensive introduction into IIS 5, this is a great place to find it. But If already know the basics, and are looking for something that will help you master IIS 5, you should look elsewhere.
Most recent customer reviews
Not very technical. If you're a beginner this book helps get your feet wet. If you any experience with IIS look elsewhere.
You have to buy them all anyway so shut up and just do it. But somebody ought to start using editors (real ones! Read morePublished on Dec 17 2001 by Verne Robinson
While not highly technical, the book delivered on its promise. With no experience, I installed IIS 5.0 on W2k Server and published a website. Read morePublished on May 16 2001
The book worked for me. I needed something that was an easy read and this did the trick. Lots of information on setting up and configuring IIS. Read morePublished on Sept. 19 2000 by JP Stanley
This looks like a re-edited IIS 4 book. A very important new feature for II5, Load Balancing, was mentioned w/o explaination on one page. waste of money.Published on July 7 2000
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computers & Technology > Hardware > Internet & Networking
- Books > Computers & Technology > History & Culture > Privacy
- Books > Computers & Technology > Microsoft > Development > Internet Information Server
- Books > Computers & Technology > Microsoft > Networking
- Books > Computers & Technology > Networking & Cloud Computing > Network Security
- Books > Computers & Technology > Networking & Cloud Computing > Networks, Protocols & APIs
- Books > Computers & Technology > Programming
- Books > Computers & Technology > Software > Business > Utilities
- Books > Computers & Technology > Web Development > Web Services
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems > Networking