- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
The Adobe Photoshop CS3 Book for Digital Photographers Paperback – Jul 27 2007
|New from||Used from|
There is a newer edition of this item:
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"This is not some reprint of an old book, but new text with tons of great, new ideas on how to polish your images. Our capture devises while good don’t capture everything we see. Our images also go to many places, not just the computer monitor. Scott’s book is full of techniques for cleaning up color, sharpening, presentation either by print, web gallery or a host of other ideas, organization, black and white conversion and the list just goes on and on. And all of these techniques take advantage of all the power and ease of Photoshop CS3.This is one monster of a book!" -- Moose Peterson, moosepeterson.com
“In my opinion, The Adobe Photoshop CS3 Book is one of those books that contains so much information that it really is a must have. If you are a beginner to Photoshop, you will have everything you need to create better photos. You will be able to learn things in a step-by-step approach that will fine tune your learning. If you are experienced, The Adobe Photoshop CS3 Book will fill in many of the holes that you may have because of the depth and breath of Photoshop itself.” -- T. Michael Testi, Blogcritics
From the Back Cover
Scott Kelby was honored with Professional Photographer magazine's highly coveted 2008 Hot One Award for "The Adobe Photoshop CS3 Book for Digital Photographers." Here's what Jeff Kent, the Hot One Editor at Professional Photographer, has to say about the book: "In a how-to published by Peachpit Press, Scott Kelby, best-selling author on Adobe Photoshop, delves into CS3 to uncover the most important and useful techniques for digital photographers. Our judges liked Kelby's direct approach with step-by-step instructions. In this new edition, Kelby shares even more secrets from the top pros."
Shutterbug magazine chose "The Adobe Photoshop CS3 Book for Digital Photographers "as a Top Digital Book of 2007. Here's what Joe Farace of Shutterbug has to say about the book: "Scott Kelby's name on a Photoshop book is like the Dodge brand on the front of a pickup truck. You know it's built RAM-or pixel-tough. Combining his famous twisted wit with unwaveringly straight tutorials, Kelby takes you through a detailed tour of Photoshop CS3 by showing how to use the new features. No fluff; just page after page of well-illustrated tutorials showing photographers how to get the most out of the new features, commands, and effects found in the latest version of Adobe's flagship. It will get you up to speed on CS3's new features faster than you can all by yourself."
Scott Kelby, the #1 best-selling Photoshop author in the world today, once again takes this book to a whole new level as he uncovers the latest, most important, and most exciting new Adobe Photoshop CS3 techniques for digital photographers. This major update to his award-winning, record-breaking book does something for digital photographers that's never been done before-it cuts through the bull and shows you exactly "how to do it." It's not a bunch of theory; it doesn't challenge you to come up with your own settings or figure it out on your own. Instead, Scott shows you step-by-step the exact techniques used by today's cutting-edge digital photographers, and best of all, he shows you flat-out exactly which settings to use, when to use them, and why.
That's why the previous editions of this book are widely used as the official course study guide in photography courses at college and universities around the world, and this new edition for Photoshop CS3 exposes even more of the top pros' most closely-guarded secrets.
Learn How The Pros Do It
Each year Scott trains thousands of professional photographers on how to use Photoshop, and almost without exception they have the same questions, the same problems, and the same challenges-and that's exactly what he covers in this book. You'll learn:
- The sharpening techniques the pros really use.
- The pros' tricks for fixing the most common digital photo problems fast!
- How to get great looking prints (that actually match your screen!)
- A whole chapter on the latest, most requested Photoshop special effects!
- How to color correct any photo without breaking a sweat.
- How to process Raw images, plus how to take advantage of all the new Camera Raw features in CS3!
- The portrait retouching secrets only the pros know about!
- How to add real automation to your work.
- How to show your work like a pro!
Plus a host of shortcuts, workarounds, and slick "insider" tricks to send your productivity through the roof! If you're a digital photographer, and you're ready to learn the "tricks of the trade"-the same ones that today's leading pros use to correct, edit, sharpen, retouch, and present their work-then you're holding the book that will do just that.
Top Customer Reviews
If I could have given the book 4.5 stars I would have. I am only taking away from a perfect score because almost nothing's perfect, the author uses too many keyboard shortcuts without including the menu/mouse-click equivalents, and his attempts at humour are...well let's just say I for one don't need to be "tickled" while I read an instructional book.
Most recent customer reviews
This was the text John Bingham, my photoshop teacher at Toronto School of Art, recommended. It is a very thorough coverage from less than basic to advanced.Published on July 7 2013 by Madame B
This book has great easy to follow tips. You can jump in anywhere and start reading. I never knew CS3 was this easy to use. Scott shows you the essentials you need to know.Published on Feb. 13 2011 by image-art
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Arts & Photography > Photography & Video > Digital Photography
- Books > Arts & Photography > Photography & Video > Equipment, Techniques & Reference > Digital Editing
- Books > Computers & Technology > Digital Audio, Photography & Video > Digital Photography & Video > Adobe Photoshop
- Books > Computers & Technology > Digital Audio, Photography & Video > Digital Photography & Video > Digital Photography
- Books > Computers & Technology > Graphic Design > Desktop Publishing
- Books > Computers & Technology > Hardware > PC Buyers' Guides
- Books > Computers & Technology > Software
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems > Graphics & Visualization
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Visual Arts > Photography