- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
The Adobe Photoshop CS4 Book for Digital Photographers Paperback – Dec 22 2008
|New from||Used from|
There is a newer edition of this item:
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
ARE YOU READY FOR AN AMAZING NEW VERSION OF THE PHOTOSHOP BOOK THAT BREAKS ALL THE RULES?
Scott Kelby, the best-selling Photoshop author in the world today, once again takes this book to a whole new level as he uncovers the latest, most important, and most exciting new Adobe Photoshop CS4 techniques for digital photographers. This major update to his award-winning, record-breaking book does something for digital photographers that's never been done before-it cuts through the bull and shows you exactly "how to do it." It's not a bunch of theory; it doesn't challenge you to come up with your own settings or figure it out on your own. Instead, Scott shows you step-by-step the exact techniques used by today's cutting-edge digital photographers, and best of all, he shows you flat-out exactly which settings to use, when to use them, and why. That's why the previous editions of this book are widely used as the official study guide in photography courses at colleges and universities around the world.
LEARN HOW THE PROS DO IT
Each year Scott trains thousands of professional photographers how to use Photoshop, and almost without exception they have the same questions, the same problems, and the same challenges-and that's exactly what he covers in this book. You'll learn:
- The sharpening techniques the pros really use.
- The pros' tricks for fixing the most common digital photo problems fast!
- The step-by-step setup for getting what comes out of your printer to match exactly what you see onscreen.
- A whole chapter on how to process HDR (High Dynamic Range) images.
- How to master new CS4 interface and workflow features.
- How to color correct any photo without breaking a sweat.
- How to process RAW digital camera images (plus how to take advantage of all the new Camera Raw features in CS4!).
- How to add real automation to your work.
- How to show your work like a pro!
- A host of shortcuts, workarounds, and slick "insider" tricks to send your productivity through the roof!
Plus, Scott included a special bonus chapter with his own CS4 workflow, from start to finish. If you're a digital photographer, and you're ready to learn the "tricks of the trade"-the same ones that today's leading pros use to correct, edit, sharpen, retouch, and present their work-then you're holding the book that will do just that.
About the Author
Scott Kelby is Editor and Publisher of Photoshop User magazine, President of the National Association of Photoshop Professionals, Training Director for the Adobe Photoshop Seminar Tour, and one of the leading seminar instructors in the country today. Scott is an award-winning author of more than 50 books on Photoshop, digital imaging, and technology, and for four years straight he has been the world’s #1 best-selling author of all computer and technology books. His other titles include Photoshop Down & Dirty Tricks, The Photoshop Channels Book, Photoshop Classic Effects, and The Digital Photography Book, vols. 1 & 2. His easygoing, plain-English, step-by-step style of teaching makes learning Photoshop easy and fun.
Top Customer Reviews
I already learned so much from the book and I'm only half-way through it.
I had so many questions about all the various options and features, and sometime I would dare try something, it would result in turning the image in black areas! After reading some chapters, I now know it was just a very useful feature of Photoshop that I can use to my advantage, but since I did not know what I was doing, I stopped exploring.
But I never lost my curiosity or need to know how everything worked. I'd browsed through books in stores and came across this one, loved the humor and the step-by-step, I chose this book to order.
I'm having so much fun, plus, it changed how I take photos knowing what can be done and how! It is very liberating.
I'm not saying that you'll know every thing all at once, I'm saying you will know of the 'potentials', know where to look to learn more, and you won't be afraid to explore them with this book.
While they are generally very straight forward and easy to read
I still occassionally noticed that some of the more basic information is still absent or difficult to find.
Something as simple as digitally processing a scanned film negative should be pretty straight forward and easy to find as many photographers still have a lot of good work on film to transfer.
Why does Kelby not address it?
The answer: Because CS4 doesn't address it either. What's up with that?
In spite of little things like this occassionally cropping up, Kelby's books do take a program as complex as Photoshop and make it readily accessible to the potographer who can't afford to devote weeks(if not months)to figuring out a highly complex yet extremely useful digital processing system. His are still the titles that jump out when I need to figure stuff out on the fly.
Most recent customer reviews
Good, easy to understand, love Kelby products and will order another book if it has more enhancing tricks such as frames, adding rainbows, fogs...Published on March 10 2014 by Louise Rochon
This book is full of straight forward instructions on how to get the most out of your images with Photoshop CS4. Read morePublished on May 3 2010 by B. Doyle
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Arts & Photography > Photography & Video > Digital Photography
- Books > Arts & Photography > Photography & Video > Equipment, Techniques & Reference > Digital Editing
- Books > Computers & Technology > Computer Science > Software Engineering > Information Systems
- Books > Computers & Technology > Digital Audio, Photography & Video > Digital Photography & Video > Adobe Photoshop
- Books > Computers & Technology > Digital Audio, Photography & Video > Digital Photography & Video > Digital Photography
- Books > Computers & Technology > Graphic Design
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems > Graphics & Visualization
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Visual Arts > Photography