- Paperback: 480 pages
- Publisher: New Riders; 1 edition (July 12 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0321823745
- ISBN-13: 978-0321823748
- Product Dimensions: 20 x 2.7 x 25.1 cm
- Shipping Weight: 1.3 Kg
- Average Customer Review: 13 customer reviews
Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
#92,698 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #17 in Books > Computers & Technology > Programming > Algorithms > Digital Image Processing
- #53 in Books > Computers & Technology > Digital Audio, Photography & Video > Digital Photography & Video > Adobe Photoshop
- #57 in Books > Arts & Photography > Photography & Video > Equipment, Techniques & Reference > Digital Editing
The Adobe Photoshop CS6 Book for Digital Photographers Paperback – Jul 12 2012
There is a newer edition of this item:
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"He has a project-based approach
"Anytime I know I’m going to be on a long flight I like to take the books from this series and re-read them because I always pick up great new things each time. While it’s more of a recipe book that you'll use as a reference, I find myself using this book at least once a month for some tricky challenge I face. I love it and can’t live without it!”
Skill Level : ALL - Beginner to Advanced
Value: Excellent (worth every penny)
Recommendation : Must Own for those who don’t have previous editions and worth the upgrade for those doing video or who want to pick up modern day skills. ¿
About the Author
Scott Kelby is Editor-in-Chief of Photoshop User magazine, President of the National Association of Photoshop Professionals (NAPP), Training Director for the Adobe Photoshop Seminar Tour, and one of the leading seminar instructors in the industry today. Scott is author of the best-selling books The Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4 Book for Digital Photographers, Photoshop Down & Dirty Tricks, and The Digital Photography Book (parts 1, 2, 3 & 4), among others. His easygoing, plain-English style of teaching makes learning Photoshop fun. He trains thousands in his live seminars each year and knows firsthand which techniques are in hot demand, and now he shares them here in his latest book.
Top Customer Reviews
On the Negative side......... Only after a few days I got the book, it fell apart and I complained about the book. Amazon.ca replaced the book immediately only to receive the same problem. THE BINDING OF THIS BOOK IS BAD.
Amazon.ca is sorry to hear that my replacement shipment had a similar problem. Amazon.ca goes to explain that due to the volume of packages they process, they use an automated computer system and artificial intelligence equipments. The inventory information of items is also electronically maintained and because of this it is IMPOSSIBLE FOR THEM to locate and pullout a single package during the process. Amazon.ca acknowledge that there seem to be a widespread problem with "the Adobe Photoshop CS6 Book for Digital Photographers". The bottom line is: if they sand me an other replacement oder for this item it might be the case that I will get the defective item again, so it is because of this, Amazon is NOT ABLE to send an other replacement.
Because of their limitation issues I had the following options: Keep the the book and get a 20% discount off the price or return the entire set for full refund.
BUT as others have stated, the binding is abysmal. This book will fall apart as soon as you open it!
It is no use getting another from Amazon, it isn't their fault at all. Whoever picked the binding method did not know what they were doing. Best advice: take it to your local photocopy service and get them to rebind it for you it will be worth it.
Complain to Peachpit Press about it.
However, I am adding my voice to those others who have complained about the binding.
It is inexcusable. We have a dozen previous Kelby books on our shelves, and none have a binding issue.
The company which binds this book should be taken to task. I would rather have a book with spiral bound edges then the disaster this book turned out to be.
And yes - it is the second copy, which I received because the first copy fell apart within two weeks of use. Careful use.
Obviously there is no point in asking for a third copy, so I have started taping the pages as they fall apart. What a mess.
I want the information, but it's now a nightmare to find and read it.
You can do better than this, Adobe! We paid well for this book.
Want to see more reviews on this item?
Most recent customer reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Arts & Photography > Photography & Video > Digital Photography
- Books > Arts & Photography > Photography & Video > Equipment, Techniques & Reference > Digital Editing
- Books > Computers & Technology > Digital Audio, Photography & Video > Digital Photography & Video > Adobe Photoshop
- Books > Computers & Technology > Digital Audio, Photography & Video > Digital Photography & Video > Digital Photography
- Books > Computers & Technology > Graphic Design
- Books > Computers & Technology > Programming > Algorithms > Digital Image Processing
- Books > Computers & Technology > Programming > Game Programming
- Books > Computers & Technology > Web Development > Web Design > Web Graphics
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems > Graphics & Visualization
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Visual Arts > Photography